Old 01-03-2006   #21
sj

Hate to break into this political love fest with facts but. My wife has been in consumer products for the last 20 years. And the sad truth is Albertsons is the least competent of the major players. Wether you work for Kraft,Coke or a Produce Supplier a sure sign your part of the next lay offs is being asigned to the Albies account. From store cleanliness to pricing and purchase power they are always last. Their demise has been talked about for the last 10 years just not enough room. Also when Kroger and Safeway started buying regional playes in the last decade Albies only move was to grab Cub Foods the shakiest of the regionals by far(Kroger bought Fred Meyer as an example).

This is about nothing but free market and Competence. Had Walmart not nocked them off in the Junction Area. Kroger(City market) would have. Steve ps people who need multiple user Id's to state their case are lame imo

sj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #22

We need someone to delete useless posts like this! If I ever wanted to talk politics, I would go shoot myself! Go preach to someone who cares and please do it somewhere else...............................

sandoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #23
SarahofTheWaves

FoCo,NoCo, Colorado
Limited

Convenience? Choice? Closing a neighborhood market and replacing it with a super whatever lacoated at the nearest field just adds to to traffic and lack of choice. If you only eat processed preprepared food I'm sure Walmart will do. I have not enjoyed the Walmart experience and do not shop there. And I'm willing to pay the price.

If I don't shop at Walmart, I can ride my bike to the store and not shop as if for armageddon.

Not that Albertson's are the greatest, but I prefer choice and prefer not to have to drive to an overcrowded, overstuffed store, with tons of choice that is no choice at all, and a really poor produce section.

Sorry if you can afford to kayak/raft/canoe/boat you can afford to make wise choices that reflect the community in which you want to live. Unamerican, yep.

Sarah
sarahkonamojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #24

Sales
Send a message via MSN to Rushis Right
Sarah, thats just we need is another lib chiming in. Albertsons is still a corporate entity. Couldn't you find a real neigborhood market with great produce and family owned. Sorry you might have to ride your tubby little self a little further.
Rushis Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #25
sj

Rush is right goes right to the typical and usuall pale male conservative argument. Mean spirited personel attack. Ris R we realize to be a Bush Christian you have to be Sexist and Racist but if you could keep your hateful drivel off this site it would be appreciated. Steve
Old 01-04-2006   #26

Sales
Send a message via MSN to Rushis Right
Racist? Against fat people come on, youv'e got to be kidding me. Sexist, what are talking about. How about you grow a pair Steve.
Rushis Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #27

Front Range, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Boy, SJ, looks like "RisR" told you.... Rush, maybe I'm a little off-base here in jumping to conclusions (you know, tree-hugging outdoorsy overeducated self-righteous pot-smoking xanax-popping liberal that I am-- just to spell out anything you might want to call me on in the future... oh, and I'm sure you're probably creative enough to add some personal shit in there too.... since obesity's already taken, looks like I'm headed for being the token truckdrivindieseldyke in this discussion), but don't you think a better plan for winning friends and influencing people is to at LEAST charm the pants off of them while you're blatantly screwing them from behind or throwing 'em under the train? I mean, seriously.... whatever happened to that good old fashioned sly and manipulative reptilian angle the Republicants used to be so fond of taking? It used to be that the bottom-feeding man in the $2000 suit would smile sweetly and be all charm and sparkle while he quietly pocketed your grandmother's social security check and double-checked his blackberry to confirm that lunch meeting with the nice lobbyist he's accepting kickbacks from to ship your uncle's job overseas to China. Now, it's all about personal attack, bile, venom, and vitriol.... sigh... kinda makes ya' wish for the good ole' days of Newt & Reagan, eh?

Puh-lease.
Take your trolling somewhere else. If you wanna go boating/ boarding/ out to play in that landscape your party seems so hellbent on destroying sometime, hook us up with a post or two. If not, fuckin' *yawn*......

Flame away. BSoE, not that ya' need it, but you know the rest of us got ya' back, baby.
newby0616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #28

Seattle, Washington
Just watched an interesting Frontline special on PBS about Walmart and it's practices. I'd recommend everyone taking a look at it, even the bloated dittoheads out there.

Here's a good example on how Walmart helps American's. An American manufacturer of flat-screen tv's located in Tennessee was having trouble competing because China was dumping (later found to be illegally dumping) large quantities of below market priced tv's into the U.S. This was a clear violation of free trade agreements already in place. The manufacturer filed a lawsuit to save the company and it's thousands of employees from certain unemployment.

Who do you think good ol' Walmart sided with? The US of A? Fuck no. They supported China all the way. Luckily the U.S. manufacturer won the lawsuit.

That plant could have easily shut down, taking thousands of $16/hour jobs with good benefits with it. Then they'd put up a Walmart in the small town and offer the recently laid off workers $7.50 with no benefits. Sounds like a benefit to our country huh? The thing is, this isn't uncommon and most of the time, Walmart wins.

For the life of me, I can't understand why righties blindly defend this place without opening their eyes a bit. I'm not against profit or corporations by any means, but it's nice to see some corporations who have a good balance between what's good for their shareholders and what's good for the country.
Yonder_River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #29
sj

Trolling a troll he he he. .Look pal for all I know you could be a bored hippy in Boulder. Dabbing pachoulie oil on your privates as you surf between teen fatties and the buzz. But who ever you are you went to the trouble of multiple id's to mess with liberals on the board. And then wer'nt bright enough to know when you were getting messed with. He he he. Calling women who don't agree with you fat and challenging the man hood of men that don't agree with you. You've most likely been out of 7th grade for awhile time to act like it little man. heeheeheee sj
Old 01-04-2006   #30

Front Range, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
SJ,
Good to see we're both operating under the same policy-- why should MedMan/Rush/NeoCon Boater get to have all the baiting fun??

I'm bored at work (read: already too busy and trying to ignore it).... watching people take themselves FAR too seriously and make asses of themselves is far more entertaining-- I figure I've never been much of one for just standing around blithely on the sidelines anyway.

newby0616 is offline   Reply With Quote