Old 01-02-2006   #11

nurse
I don't understand the rage and hate that is leveled at Walmart. They are the perfect institution for all you hippy liberals out there. They provide jobs for all those "underprivledged" citizens that liberals claim to want to help. They even provide jobs for all those "underprivledged" minorities and foreign citizens that liberals claim to want to help. They provide convenience and low prices to all those "underprivledged" citizens that liberals claim to want to help. Lets not forget that one stop shopping cuts down on driving time for all lazy Americans, which cuts down on oil consumtion, which all liberals claim to want to cut down on. Not to mention that whenever, and wherever a Walmart is opened, it provides windfall tax revenues, something that we all know liberals love. And these tax revenues can be used to help all the "underprivledged" citizens that liberals claim to want to help. Lets look at a case in point. The Walmart in Avon, CO is a perfect case to examine. It has provided all of the benefits to the community that have previously been discussed in my diatribe. Yes, it may put some mom and pop businesses out of business. But the result is a net benefit for the community. The mostly broke community that provide services for a few very well to do second home owners and tourists can fulfill their day to day needs without driving all over town, and burning up those nasty fossil fuels, at lower prices. This means that they have more money to spend at other places in town, including mom and pop businesses, and providing the government with more sales tax revenue. The Walmart provides more jobs than previously existed in the valley, including jobs to minorities, along with providing these people with benefits that they could not otherwise obtain at mom and pop businesses. Nuf said.
And by the way. This site sucks. Can we talk about other things like,...oh I don't know,........boating?;

conservative boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #12
CGM

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
Typical.

CGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #13

Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
If this site sucks then take your conservative bullshit elsewhere. If you only want to talk about boating, that's cool...then don't chime in on an off topic thread.

...you sound like medman. Call me Matlock, but I aint fooled by your new name. Then again, all you greedy bastards sound the same. Whoever you are, piss off.
Old 01-03-2006   #14

nurse
That's the kind of response I would expect from a lib. All emotion, no fact. You can't even refute the knowledge that I am laying down for you. So you simply tell me to piss off, AND hurt my feelings with you're cold words. And I thought liberals were supposed to be such caring people. And by the way, Matlock, you need to work on you're investigative skills, because you are way off.
Old 01-03-2006   #15

Laying down knowlege? Ninja, please. You know who walmart is good for? The Waltons. And the shareholders. And just like all big business, some consumers may benefit incidentally but lets not pretend the objective is make lives easier or help anyone out. We don't even have the coldwar veil of needing to "preserve our way or life" by defeating the communists anymore. Capitalism is exposed for what it is...a game with players who are out for blood...for money...and for nothing else. They don't give a shit who is crushed in the process.

Walmart exploits the people that work there. These folks sadly have no other prospect (fast food industry notwithstanding) and the execs know that...they hire a cheep labor force..pay them shit and treat them like shit. And you and every other "conservative" I've ever had the misfortune to speak with could care less about the plight of the underpriveledged (putting that word in quotes so many times was dick) because a)you've never been there and therefore b) you must be somehow superior...immune from these kind of problems. That's if you even "lower" yourself enough to put on their shoes and realize the kind of problems they have. The have nots have not for a reason and whatever that reason is you're above it. It's that sense of entitlement that oozes from every word you jackasses spout that burns my ass and puts fire in every liberal's belly. And no amount of dialogue can convince any of you that Ayn Rand is full of shit and that greed is BAD. So I tell you to piss off because it's easier than wasting my breath.
Old 01-03-2006   #16

Sales
Send a message via MSN to Rushis Right
BastrdSonOfElvis why is that you assume those people working in these stores are under such plight that they can't take care of themselves. They have jobs. Some people that work at WALMART make plenty of money and started from the ground up. Thay also have the ability to quit and work somewhere else. They don't need some liberal hippy sticking it to the man for them. The may not have a sweet job by trustfund standards but they're not all stupid.
Rushis Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #17

Rushis Right? Hilarious. Another medman pseudonym.

Certainly never said they were stupid...that's your word. And the vast majority of those who work at walmart would be hardpressed to find another job, especially after all the other retailers go under.

A trustafarian's job is to...have no job at all.

I'm no hippy. No hippies in the military.

And Rush Limbaugh is not only wrong, he's fat, arrogant, annoying, all-around unpleasant and if memory serves a bigger drug addict than lots of hippies I know.

One last thing...I'm no democrat but the way I see it, there are only two reasons to be republican: greed and stupidity. I'm not sure which is worse.

Elvis has left the building, yall, your rhetoric is tired and I'm tired of reading it.
Old 01-03-2006   #18

nurse
what's up with your location? You live at my mom's house? You're so original. Lets get off mom's cause I just got off yours, fucker.
Old 01-03-2006   #19

hobo
Cut the ad-hominem shit conservative. It's okay to be wrong.
gnarfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #20

Metro Area, Colorado
the thing that makes me sick about Walmart is the fact that they are the largest retailer in the nation (probably the world) and yet, in some states, they offer training classes to their employees on how to collect welfare. I mean come on, the largest retailer and they expect the tax-payer to help pay the way for some of their employees. Make me want to vomit. BSOE you are a pretty funny dude

cecil is offline   Reply With Quote