Old 06-26-2009   #31

Greeley, Colorado
Paddling Since: 84
This just sums up what I have said all along. Girls don't belong in a man's sport. They should hand us a homemade breakfast burrito, run the shuttle, armorall (sp) our dash at the take-out while waiting, hand us fresh made brownies as we step out of our boats, and then crack a beer open for us.

They should do this happily while wearing something sexy.

Girls should then stand at the take-out with a smile on their faces while we drink 5 beers and get progressively louder.

Girls don't belong in a man's sport.

ericnourse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009   #32

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
eric kayaking is really a mans sport unless you personally like having your ass handed to you by Nikki Kelly? Not all girls belong in the sport the whinny snouty biatchs you are talking about don't but the ones that can hang with the boys are more than welcome to drop sack and hang.

caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009   #33

Land of Lovin, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
So I guess Grif was responsible for saving Yakgrrrl???

Good to know!
Jensjustduckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009   #34

BV, CO
Paddling Since: 96
Axually, its the trash talkers that would ignore a swimmer that don't belong in the sport... I'd rather paddle with Nikki or most other women paddlers I know than any of you turkey legs... and the Shlitz is on me.

Say, we're those magic brownies you were calling for?
Phil U. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009   #35

Greeley, Colorado
Paddling Since: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil U. View Post
Axually, its the trash talkers that would ignore a swimmer that don't belong in the sport... I'd rather paddle with Nikki or most other women paddlers I know than any of you turkey legs... and the Shlitz is on me.

Say, we're those magic brownies you were calling for?
Hey watch it now. If you show to much affection toward women, the man haters will jump into the forum and crush you. Especially the Know-it-all from Missoula who has been rafting for a whopping 3 years!

This reminds me of when a girl flipped above Skull on W Water. She went into the Room of Doom. I was the only one out of a dozen boaters to go in to help. I got her put together and tried to lead her out. She couldn't, so I paddled back in, hiked her boat up the cliff and 1/3 of a mile down the river along the cliff bank. I then roped her boat down and set up a line for her to get down. I then went back up and paddled out.

She never said thank you, and that night she was rubbing my friend's leg under the table.

I like Takemetotheriver's joke: What's the difference between a female kayaker and a bear?

One is brown and hairy and the other is a bear.
ericnourse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009   #36

Little Village, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
EN - you're chumming the water like a maniac, but no one is biting. Disappointed?
Old 06-27-2009   #37

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnourse View Post
This just sums up what I have said all along. Girls don't belong in a man's sport. They should hand us a homemade breakfast burrito, run the shuttle, armorall (sp) our dash at the take-out while waiting, hand us fresh made brownies as we step out of our boats, and then crack a beer open for us.

They should do this happily while wearing something sexy.

Girls should then stand at the take-out with a smile on their faces while we drink 5 beers and get progressively louder.

Girls don't belong in a man's sport.
That's funny... Some of us do all those things AND row our guy's shit through class IV on overnighters!

Maybe girls don't belong in the sport, but there are lots of women who do
Old 06-27-2009   #38

Lakewood, Colorasta
Paddling Since: 1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant rock View Post
As the lines goes "Don't ask me how I know I don't want to talk about it."
So you have a throwbag,but can you hit a swimmer with it?
Hows is your first aid kit and your skills at first aid?
If somebody says Z-drag are you looking for a Nissan sports car?
Speaking of the shuttle where are the keys if the driver can't tell you or isn't around?
Extra gear?I know its hard to fit in that new playboat"surfin shower slipper III" but a warm coat can make a big difference.
Extra oar,paddle,break down paddle for kayakers?Hand rolls and paddling are great if in your bag of tricks but in big water gets old fast.
Yes I know some of you are a rock,never swim,or miss a line but if you really want to impress the Bettys,rescue em,don't be throwing loops as they swim past you cause they fell off that f....ng tourist boa t.
Leave the politics for the sandbar,and help anybody out on the river that looks like they need it no matter what you might think of them on shore.
Think!What if?Not "What now?"Know and have plan "b" in case "a" is a bust.
And last fly with a wingman no man can be a island agianst any river I know.
A dead boater is the worst trip you"ll ever take,the last trip if its you.
Moral of the story: If someone is swimmin, assume they need help and try a rescue.
Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009   #39
Kjirsten

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 05
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnourse View Post

I like Takemetotheriver's joke: What's the difference between a female kayaker and a bear?

One is brown and hairy and the other is a bear.
A. That's not how it goes.

B. Don't equate one instance in which you rescued a female boater with the rest of us. I may need rescuing at some point but you can guarantee neither you or any of your friends are gonna get a leg rub out of the deal. I'll shoot a boot, say thank you, and promise to return the favor when it's your turn.

C. I think you were probably joking, but count on the Buzzards to defend our honor and our respectability in a sport that is about finesse and brains more than strength or brawn.

Quote:
Moral of the story: If someone is swimmin, assume they need help and try a rescue.
Seconded.
"There is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Look here! If you've really nothing else on hand this morning, supposing we drop down the river together, and have a long day of it?" -Wind in the Willows
TakemetotheRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009   #40

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Funny thing about EN's post....Seems to me, if you (EN) went through all that energy and effort to help the gal in need.... your river skills are pretty good....BUT if after all that... she was rubbin' on YOUR FRIEND that night... you need to up your skills off the river. I'm just sayin'...