Old 06-23-2009   #21
V for Victory

9300ft, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Send a message via AIM to SummitAP
So let me get this straight, a raft full of little children and cute kittens flipped and all the kittens and children died because the playboaters couldn't get to them as they had no paddles because they needed one hand for the schlitz and the other for the turkey leg as they threw loops while debating Sarah Palin, plus they were hypothermic without any coats in their playboats? So then the asshole playboaters went to warm themselves up in their Nissan 370Zs, but they all died too because they couldn't find the keys?

And you watched all of the kittens die. You watched all the children die. You laughed as the play boaters died by their fancy sports cars of hypothermia and unbandaged hang nails. You could have helped, but instead you dropped your innertube and bandaids and your coors light and hurried to teh intranetz to rant and get high! You should be banned from tubing the river FOREVERRRRRR!

Old 06-23-2009   #22

Portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2000
I used to have a Datsun 280Z. Does that count?

Mr Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009   #23

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Cats are a waste of air... I wish more boats full of kittens would flip.
jmalefyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009   #24

Portland, Oregon
But think of all that hair in the river. Nasty.
Mr Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009   #25

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Gross... I didn't think about that.
jmalefyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009   #26

Little Village, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmalefyt View Post
Cats are a waste of air... I wish more boats full of kittens would flip.
Fluffy is not happy with your comment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	angry_cat.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	1648  
Old 06-23-2009   #27

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 93
Hey! I like cats like everyone! I like them baked in a oven at 400 degrees for a couple of hours and served with a lemon sauce!

Bazaar foods FTW! Or FTL of your lunch, whichever it may be! My wife loves that show, but I could do with out it.
Snowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009   #28

Indian Hills, Colorado
you called?

DanOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009   #29

alska, California
Paddling Since: 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant rock View Post
Don't often write but saw some behavoir on the Ark this weekend that stuck in this boaters craw.In a nutshell if you see a swimmer in the water and you are hearing whistles and you are too busy surfing or have copped a mood because the beginners are slowing you down GET OUT OF THE SPORT because I am not God and I rescue ALL swimmers.UNCONDITIONALLY!Shame on you if you believe its not your problem because its not your trip,or they should not be there because you think the experience they dont have is why they are in the water,or you saw them drinking beer,smoking pot,or they took your parking spot at the takeout.The river never cares and it is a equal opportunity drowing machine.It may be your snob ass next time!I once rescued a wrapped commercial raft on a pool toy because all other trips felt it wasn"t their problem and passed by.
I believe in karma and it would also have been heavy on your conscience if you would not have lent your hand and your strength to those who need it.
rickysymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009   #30

ALMA, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
STUNNED BY WHAT I SAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysymo View Post
I believe in karma and it would also have been heavy on your conscience if you would not have lent your hand and your strength to those who need it.
Witnessed the incident in question and I was stunned. These same people had one of their party swim out of their boat right after our launch at Stone Bridge. Our group retrieved the boat, she self rescued,and we sat in an eddy with them for 20 minutes while she walked down to us and got her boat. I did not know them personally, thought it just river courtesy. When a 2 person Tomcat overturned in rapids later, the female beginner riding shotgun took way too long a swim in some pretty cold water. Her more experienced female companion was able to self rescue. She was finally intercepted by 2 of her group further downstream and brought out okay, but cold, on river left. Members of the group were separated at various points along river left and did not know of her downstream rescue. Her duckie companion was upstream, frantic with worry. Whistles were blowing, people calling out, etc. Although they were obviously experienced kayakers, in a position to effectively assist in the rescue, they chose not to get involved and paddled off downstream. W.T..F

THAI-TANIC is offline   Reply With Quote