Old 05-17-2011   #71

Land of Lovin, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Bank View Post
Why does it concern the rancher? The rancher already told us that if it was just us he wouldn't have a problem with it. He is worried about Rafters, Hunters, Fisherman and Campers hanging out on his land. He said he would not catch us anyway. The ranchers son understands why people use the portage and doesn't appear to care. I hope people will learn from this experience, and try to be understanding.
So were your kayaks disguised as small rafts, rifles, fly rods or giant backpacks? How did the sheriff find you if the rancher can't catch you anyway?

Your story does not make sense, look at the silly monkey - if Chewbacca lives on Endor you must acquit.

Jensjustduckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011   #72

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
I've had a great time at my bachelor party and that picture you stole was from thursday night after the funeral for my best friend David. You are some new breed of Asshole. Im done, this is past immature. Banks you are beyound saving

caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011   #73
gOtTaGokAyAkn'

Ashville North Carolina, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1983
We admitted it was us and are trying to spread the word. That if you trespass here he might call 911. If we didn't tell on ourselves we wouldn't have been caught. If he sets up some bear traps he could easily catch the next guys.
Old 05-17-2011   #74

Bozeman, Montana
Brian you are really a tool. Get a life a figure it out. Glenn lets go kayaking...
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011   #75

Seattle, Washington
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
Quote:
Mike Perry wastes our time, You should focus on a resolution rather than being a fool. I talked with some folks who actually know you. They made it apparent that you think you know it all, but have little common sense.
You have got to be kidding. I'm a folk who knows Mike Perry as are most of the heavy kayakers on Mountainbuzz. While he may occasionally post random incoherent ramblings, he's definitely a stand-up guy that wouldn't make an ass out of himself to a landowner and the entire kayaking community. You sir, have now done both. I'd paddle with Mike any time; I imagine your paddling partners are cringing faster than you can type.

Realize that even the people who were with you that day have completely disagreed with your opinions.

Quote:
If we didn't tell on ourselves we wouldn't have been caught
Integrity is what you do when no one is watching and it's clear that you have none.

Joe
JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011   #76
gOtTaGokAyAkn'

I haven't shared many of my opinions. Except for my being upset at the railroad for trashing the canyon and not making an effort to clean it up. I think you are missing our message. Do not portage there. It is not okay with the landowner.
Old 05-17-2011   #77
gOtTaGokAyAkn'

This is what I've said so far in this thread. You can re-read it all in one place. You should get the message...

It's a personal choice; to trespass or not to trespass?...Chose wisely and face the consequences... Someone might set up a game camera and post pics of portage violators on the buzz or the rancher might shoot holes in boats with his rifle... It has no effect on the rest of the boating community. There is no way to take away an American's right to be within a navigable river bed. If the railroad removed all their garbage and undid all the destruction from the canyon I will begin to have a little respect...

Wow, I'm shocked at the disrespectful comments and personal attacks. You name callers don't know me or have any idea of my ethics. I respect all people until they are disrespectful. I love Gore canyon and the beautiful flat water paddle in. I have paddled Gore 66 times since last July. I usually show up by myself and help set shuttle for whoever wants to run Gore. I would be happy to do whatever it takes to improve our relationship with the rancher. The ranchers son could allow us to put in at the mouth of the canyon someday if we are polite and respectful. Some people piss on shore, some piss in the river. Some portage and some respect the request of private landowners. I wish the landowners all understood how respectful the boating community is as a whole. I want to make it clear that everyone I saw portage was respectful of the property while out of sight of the land owner. Nobody had a "criminal" malicious intent to mess up anything. I've gone both ways depending on what the group decides. I'm not lazy. I'm not the person who almost killed my friend on Berthoud; I have never posted on TGR. I'm surprised Caspermike is willing to give up his title of m-buzz d-bag, to an undeserving respectful person like myself. Yes I will go to Gore and set your shuttle, let me know when? 612.710.1462

Landowners across the state are very understanding of portage locations that are used for good reason. This one doesn't need to be used for any reason. It's nice to use the portage when you are afraid of the dark, when the wind is blowing, and when you are feeling lazy. This particular portage has been in use for 20+ years. The field is overgrown with weeds, the crop is not worth harvesting and is rarely snacked on by the cows. It's out of sight, and it's the most direct route across. I was taught by gore veterans that this is an "ok" place to portage as long as you are respectful while doing so. Why does it concern the rancher? The rancher already told us that if it was just us he wouldn't have a problem with it. He is worried about Rafters, Hunters, Fisherman and Campers hanging out on his land. He said he would not catch us anyway. The ranchers son understands why people use the portage and doesn't appear to care. I hope people will learn from this experience, and try to be understanding. In the past I've let the group decide, I've been a follower and not much of a leader. In the future I will encourage others to paddle around with me. It would be really cool if the rancher took down his no portaging sing, and replaced it with a tread lightly post. No one wants to anger the rancher or destroy the cattle's food source. I like the idea of giving back something to the rancher in an effort to resolve future conflict.

Mike Perry wastes our time, You should focus on a resolution rather than being a fool. I talked with some folks who actually know you. They made it apparent that you think you know it all, but have little common sense.

We admitted it was us and are trying to spread the word. That if you trespass here he might call 911. If we didn't tell on ourselves we wouldn't have been caught. If he sets up some bear traps he could easily catch the next guys.

I haven't shared many of my opinions. Except for my being upset at the railroad for trashing the canyon and not making an effort to clean it up. I think you are missing our message. Do not portage there. It is not okay with the landowner.
Old 05-17-2011   #78

denver, Colorado
Although this thread has been interesting to follow, some people would be wise to heed the first rule of holes which is STOP DIGGING.
Old 05-17-2011   #79
KSC

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Are you kidding me? This is what I've been missing by not checking mountainbuzz? Brian's a good guy and if we were all sitting around the takeout having this discussion instead on the internet you'd be sharing beers and smiling.

Stay off the guy's property. It's clear that everybody agrees. There's nothing to argue about. The West Nile shuffle was always stupid, people that knew better did it, and now it looks like everybody agrees that it's stupid and we can finally put an end to it.
KSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011   #80

80523, Confusion
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDHOG72 View Post
Wow... take a combined swiftwater rescue/anger management/spelling course.

If one of these is offered anytime soon, let me know. I'll be there.

hnw2 is offline   Reply With Quote