Old 05-17-2011   #41

Red Lodge, Montana
Paddling Since: 2003
hey chepora, don't you have some questions about what boat you should be paddling, why don't you leave Mike alone seeing how that isn't his post, I agree with huck, stay out of Montana

Old 05-17-2011   #42

Brian, I think the points that you are missing are:

a) no one is accusing you of vandalism (although there is somewhat of a worn trail, thanks to your last 66 trips and others)
b) they are accusing you of trespassing (because you are, and have asserted it's your right)
c) trespassing is illegal and that does make ALL of the paddling community appear slightly criminal
d) you aren't being lazy, because the west nile shuffle takes as much effort as paddling the flatwater (and thus extra pathetic at high flows)
e) nearly all paddlers run shuttle for each other, and that still doesn't make us nice enough people to be allowed to trespass
f) the start of the west nile shuffle is marked by a NO TRESPASSING sign, and you are disrespectfully ignoring whomever placed that sign there.

Yes, I've done it and shouldn't have. It is a stupid portage. It is great that you are willing to do stuff for the ranchers, but more importantly the concensus is to not do it in the future. Ever. Even if you are a really nice guy and love Gore and Goar. And even if you think paddling flatwater sucks and wish the run had more roadside accessibility.

Old 05-17-2011   #43

Wolcott, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbuilds View Post
here is an idea, STAY IN THE FUCKIN' RIVER.... you peices of shit.
Wow... take a combined swiftwater rescue/anger management/spelling course.

These guys are all great boaters that made a mistake and then worked it out. They would probably all be willing to show you lines on new runs or save your ass on the river sometime...or not.

On a more positive note Gilman is running Toxic Adrenaline and is super fun. It will probably tank again with this next front coming in. Hippie D and I are meeting at the takeout at 5:30 if anyone wants to go.
JDHOG72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011   #44

Frisco, Colorado
Paddling Since: 01
I trespassed too and was caught. We (the trespassers) got off light, but for sure the next group that gets caught will have to answer to 3rd degree criminal trespass on agricultural land. Most likely you will lose the case before the judge and suffer a steep fine and a mark on your record.
For what it's worth paddling around takes an extra 12 minutes at current flows; I timed it on Sat.
Stay safe out there!
Whitewater Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011   #45

x, x
Paddling Since: x
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDHOG72 View Post
Wow... take a combined swiftwater rescue/anger management/spelling course.

These guys are all great boaters that made a mistake and then worked it out. They would probably all be willing to show you lines on new runs or save your ass on the river sometime...or not.

On a more positive note Gilman is running Toxic Adrenaline and is super fun. It will probably tank again with this next front coming in. Hippie D and I are meeting at the takeout at 5:30 if anyone wants to go.

I let the first few go, thinking... " nah, nobody is this stupid...."

here we go, first off, none of these clowns could pull me from the river. you think flatwater is hard, imagine a 300lb person loading a rope in a 4/5 setting. All five are going to let go. no doubt.

2. why would i want to learn lines from people who portage flatwater. If you can not stay in the river for a 1/4 mile of flat water, why would i put my faith in you to be SMART and SAFE in the shit. the motor skills are there, but the common sense is not.

3. I am giving them shit, no one else seems to be, they deserve it, they ALL KNEW IT WAS TRESPASSING.

WHY, WHY, cause controversy on the ONLY early and late season run WE have, that is that good.

The fact that they got caught and were almost procecuted was the ONLY reason they came forward, they and others have been warned many times before. NOW it is serious.

I dont want to rag on about it.

The fact that people know better and still do dumb shit blows my mind. sorry you dont feel the same way, you must work in the E.R

And to to the O.P. and crew, you knew better, that is all.
bobbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011   #46

Wolcott, Colorado
FYI: I will most likely be tresspassing and breaking all kinds of other laws on the way to the putin, during the run and definately after so if you can't deal with it don't come boat with the Hog.

Yep...I would definitely let go of the rope.
Old 05-17-2011   #47

x, x
Figured as much, I could use a bag of shrooms though, next time you pick up shoot me a PM when they come in.
Old 05-17-2011   #48

Wolcott, Colorado
You're a fucking narcotics agent! I was on to your stinking act from the start, you pig!
Old 05-17-2011   #49

x, x
Old 05-17-2011   #50

Shit Creek, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Bob,
Why the anger at those who work in the ER? I am working right now, in the ER. If you call getting paid to drink delicious coffee and surfing the Buzz working. A large part of my work is fixing people who knew better, but did it anyways. Reminds me of a time before I was a boater and I watched a guy smoke 3-4 bowls and then try Pineview at 4 ft in a Kmart ducky. My average day at work is just trying to prove Darwin wrong. Just bustin your chops about the ER man. By the way, it was great boating with you the other day, lets try to hit it next week.
Elija