Old 05-16-2011   #31

Lakewood, Colorasta
Paddling Since: 1997
nice one Drew! Plans for this weekend?

Kent

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkins View Post
Why do you have to bag on road biking? Send him off to the rock climbing community.

Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011   #32

Littleton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 98
It sounds like you got really lucky and learned your lesson without the judge dropping the gavel on you.

I wouldn't expect the next guy to be so lucky.

This spot is but one example of some of the "casual trespass" that goes on here and there. It's just this kind of thing that the minority of landowners that seek to close off portions of our rivers to legal boating and fishing will seize upon to further their arguments that they have the right to exclude the public from a public resource.

It sounds like you guys have truly learned your lesson and I sincerely doubt you'll ever try anything that stupid again (hopefully).

-Slave

slavetotheflyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011   #33

Technology Partner, Littleton, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to mvhyde
A simple rule to follow is when in doubt as to whether or not it is private property, go find the frigging public access point and stop being a lazya$$ boater. There are jerk boaters and jerk landowners, let's not put too much fuel in the fire.
Old 05-16-2011   #34

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillips View Post
nice one Drew! Plans for this weekend?

Kent
Yo Kent, I was going to do the SWR course this weekend but my fam is dropping in a few days early to see our 8 day old son, so I think I'm stuck in the Springs....probably road biking.

Why can't C.Springs have a Poudre-like river nearby...
Old 05-16-2011   #35

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Ole Rivers... you are missing the boat. I couldn't open your link, but found the land exchange maps online. Parcel 8 is land along the blue river. The portage site is on the huge loop meander bend downstream from the confluence of the blue and colorado and has nothing to do with parcel 8.

The meander portage is on 100% private land.
deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011   #36

Arvada (Denver), Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsouthpaddler View Post
Ole Rivers... you are missing the boat. I couldn't open your link, but found the land exchange maps online. Parcel 8 is land along the blue river. The portage site is on the huge loop meander bend downstream from the confluence of the blue and colorado and has nothing to do with parcel 8.

The meander portage is on 100% private land.
Aha. Thanks for setting me straight on the location. Being a wade fisher, I'm familiar with the oxbow on the Blue so I just assumed that was the location even tho I had only seen a new "No Trespassing" sign rather than a "No Portaging" sign at the Blue oxbow area at the little turn out along the road just before getting to the Gore put in at the confluence. Same thing tho. Both portages are on 100% private up land, if they portaged the narrowest part of the Blue's oxbow, so these guys did a bad, bad thing no matter which location...

I do, however, give them props for publicly laying it out for a well deserved thrashing and, more important, a good discussion about what not to do on private adjacent up lands.

I also hope folks will use this for an example of not only what not to do, trespassing wise, but also to provide info to this forum about other incidents, citations or disputes as they occur in real time so we can either support or oppose them towards clear resolution of these access and use issues statewide.
Ole Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011   #37

The Bitterroot, Montana
This is crazy. If any of you roadside Colorado bitches come follow me around for one week 10 min of flatwater will sound better than shouldering your boat... not saying I am the best paddeler in the world, just saying I hike a lot with my boat and I don't look forward to that thing on my back. Flat water is way more fun than hiking and legal troubel IMo.
montuckyhuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011   #38

The Bitterroot, Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildh2onriver View Post
Here's another idea bobbuilds: these folks admitted their transgression and made it right by posting to all the judgmental drunk posters such as you. Look at the bigger picture--all the 'peices (sic) of shit' know now not to push their shit peices of camel fornicating grey matter anywhere near the hay farming landowners just north of your studio apt. in East Vail.

OH SNAP, yeah to the OP you guys did the right thing. To the people who will do this in the future my previous statement stands.
montuckyhuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011   #39
gOtTaGokAyAkn'

Ashville North Carolina, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1983
Respect

Wow, I'm shocked at the disrespectful comments and personal attacks. You name callers don't know me or have any idea of my ethics. I respect all people until they are disrespectful. I love Gore canyon and the beautiful flat water paddle in. I have paddled Gore 66 times since last July. I usually show up by myself and help set shuttle for whoever wants to run Gore. I would be happy to do whatever it takes to improve our relationship with the rancher. The ranchers son could allow us to put in at the mouth of the canyon someday if we are polite and respectful. Some people piss on shore, some piss in the river. Some portage and some respect the request of private landowners. I wish the landowners all understood how respectful the boating community is as a whole. I want to make it clear that everyone I saw portage was respectful of the property while out of sight of the land owner. Nobody had a "criminal" malicious intent to mess up anything. I've gone both ways depending on what the group decides. I'm not lazy. I'm not the person who almost killed my friend on Berthoud; I have never posted on TGR. I'm surprised Caspermike is willing to give up his title of m-buzz d-bag, to an undeserving respectful person like myself. Yes I will go to Gore and set your shuttle, let me know when? 612.710.1462
Old 05-17-2011   #40

dillon, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Don't pay attn to caspermike...none of us do.

chepora is offline   Reply With Quote