Old 05-17-2011   #91
gOtTaGokAyAkn'

Ashville North Carolina, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1983
Still missing the point? I have never been caught by the police or the rancher. I'm standing up for Ben and the other boater in our crew who were confronted by the police and had enough integrity to tell the police and ranchers what they were doing. It was dark when they got back to the put-in. They left everyone else out of it...since it's my backyard run, I'm up to date with what goes on over there. I'm one of many guilty boaters who were not caught yet...This is a warning about the consequences...

Old 05-17-2011   #92

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Quote:
Originally Posted by slavetotheflyrod View Post
Dear Andy,

Please lock this fucking thread already.

Yer pal,

-Slave
Jeez Slave, how often do we get to see CasperMike making a case for law and order, using punctuation and speaking coherently on one hand, and on the other have Ian telling folks to "stick a cork in it?"

This thread will die in a few days and until it does you can always summon self restraint and just not click on it if you're annoyed.

Richard - I appreciate the well spoken discussion on trespass, however my point is still that for practical purposes there's no real difference between stepping on the bed and banks and the upland in current Colorado law. The language from Oregon is nice and we all yearn for the day when things will be like that here. But we're not in Oregon and we still have to watch where we touch the riverbed.

-AH

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011   #93

crested butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Send a message via Yahoo to milo
.......gayness happens...

....like i said, gayness happens.....just to save 10+ minutes.....sweet....now all this BS.....sweet..........GAY.....
milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011   #94

Arvada (Denver), Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy H. View Post
Richard - I appreciate the well spoken discussion on trespass, however my point is still that for practical purposes there's no real difference between stepping on the bed and banks and the upland in current Colorado law. The language from Oregon is nice and we all yearn for the day when things will be like that here. But we're not in Oregon and we still have to watch where we touch the riverbed.

-AH
Its touch will light that day.
Ole Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011   #95

Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 94
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary E
LOL, Jesssssus! I've cut through the ranchers place too. Yes I am lazy and I actually hate gore. I do appreciate the original post and his message which needs to be taken serious. I have to agree with Andy on this one, this thread has to stay. Mike is making a break through. I feel like someone is helping edit half of his posts. Who is this Banks guy and why the hell would anyone run gore more then once.

Also, Milo you suck. Do you even kayak or just key board warrior like Banks? Can't believe you have excuses like planting flowers and crap. Stay in the hole

Also Luke, a guy redeemed the farmer john on sat at escalante. Cleaned everything and made it look easy even after I told him I can't paddle with him while he is wearing that. He told me "I'm gonna change your attitude about the farmer john".. I was like good luck and grabbed my rope. So farmer john is now 50-50.

Also why the hell is Andy an administrator? The guy uses Neoprene in posts. Someone give him a beer and get his ass back on a raft and moving on.

Keck, you live in texASS and there is no way you would run gore without swimming over 1785 cfs.

Bottom line people, gore sucks and stop trespassing! 4 rapids for 7 miles of flat water = bad run.
Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011   #96

Wolcott, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Crazy Nate wears a farmer john under his Dry Suit! Seriously...ask him!
JDHOG72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011   #97

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I just have to get this out there before this thread gets locked. I've paddled with Bank and I've seen Caspermike get boofed on by a chick and then swim. Both are great paddlers who I would gladly throw a rope to any time. Mike has awesome braces (the tooth kind, not the paddle kind) and Bank has a cool Mullet. I think they should join up as a Vertical Challenge team.
Old 05-18-2011   #98
gh

pnw, Washington
Everyone is expecting the lockdown. The thread is informative and in mtnbuzz fashion, funny so it will stay. The personal attacks however wont.
Old 05-18-2011   #99

dillon, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Hilarious...Thanks for making my day guys! My freaking helmet broke yesterday so I was feeling a little bummed and headachy, but luckily the camaraderie and support here on the buzz really cheered me up. Good job keeping the language and grammar above the third grade level. BTW nice job saying you'd like to punch a chick in the face Caspermike.
chepora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011   #100
FRST

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary E View Post
LOL, Jesssssus! I've cut through the ranchers place too. Yes I am lazy and I actually hate gore. I do appreciate the original post and his message which needs to be taken serious. I have to agree with Andy on this one, this thread has to stay. Mike is making a break through. I feel like someone is helping edit half of his posts. Who is this Banks guy and why the hell would anyone run gore more then once.

Bottom line people, gore sucks and stop trespassing! 4 rapids for 7 miles of flat water = bad run.
It is actually 6 rapids (or continuous, big, scary rapids if you man up and do it at high water) for 4 miles of flat water. Gore is an AWESOME run and is one of the only early and late runs in Colorado. I can proudly say that I have never done the portage. It is awesome to be out in nature paddling no matter what difficulty of water it is. At least thats my feeling about kayaking, and from what it seems, more people on here should have that mentality. I hope that people can learn from this thread and enjoy the extra mile of flat water to get a work out, appreciate nature, have un with friends, etc. because it would really suck to lose access to this and other great rivers in Colorado.

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure." ---Helen Keller
JP Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote