Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > River Access & Safety Alerts!

Old 07-10-2005   #1

Golden, Colorado
Throw bag below last drop of Deer Creek rapid Bailey (FOUND)

My throw bag got ripped out of my boat when it went solo down the last drop in Deer Creek Rapid on the Bailey run today. I saw it hanging in there (undeployed) just before the boat flipped at the top of the drop and it wasn't there when my friends nabbed the boat about 200-300 yds downstream, in the flat section that follows Deer Creek Rapid.

I didn't see it anywhere. I'm very sorry. I was an idiot because I clipped it to the bungees that hold my back-band in place and they got torn out. I deserve the beating I took.

Please scout the last drop in Deer Creek carefully. The rope is white so it would be very hard to see in the water. The throw bag is flourescent green w/ black. At last sighting the bag was undeployed and I never saw any rope when I searched for it so I pray that the bag is jammed under a rock and stays that way. Sorry!

Ture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005   #2

Golden, Colorado
throw bag found

A friend of mine who paddled Bailey later in the day said some guys found a green throw bag floating below Deer Creek Rapid. It appears the thing has been found.

I can be reached at thoefner@yahoo.com if those guys see this and would like to return it.
Ture is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bag, bailey

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off