Old 06-06-2012   #11
Eagle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Thank you very much for the hard work Toby. As an Eagle County resident, I know that I speak on behalf of a lot of folks when I say that it is great to see the money from the Open Space Fund going to projects that can be enjoyed by everyone. I am absolutely thrilled to see this type of access secured so that my kids and all other future generations will be able to enjoy such a beautiful stretch of river. Keep up the good work!

nervouswater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #12
behind your mom, Colorado
Is anyone even running statebridge? Water is only 282?

streetdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #13
Land of Lovin, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
The Upper C isn't running yet - it's a late summer and fall float trip in years like this one with no snowpack.
Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. - Voltaire
Jensjustduckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #14
Kremmling, Colorado
Annual Pass and Camping at State Bridge

Yes, the BLM annual pass will work at State Bridge. Also, as Toby said, if you bring two cars into Pumphouse or Radium and put receipts on both of them, then shuttle one car to State Bridge, that receipt allows you to park the car at State Bridge.

Eagle County, in agreement with the BLM, has decided not to allow camping at State Bridge this year. We expect a lot of traffic there and we want to see how it all works before we take that step. There is also no State Bridge Concert parking in the parking lot. We appreciate your understanding as we figure out how to manage the property this year.

There is camping in dispersed areas around State Bridge. Unfortunately, the only developed camping is at Rancho, Radium, or Pumphouse.

For any camping, please be sure your fire is DEAD OUT! Put water on the fire, stir the ashes, then put water on it again. Never leave if it's smoking. Many fires are caused a day or two later as the wind uncovers hot coals that have been covered with ash. Please also dispose of your cigarrette butts properly and watch your exhaust pipes next to tall grass. We have already had a fire on the road to Radium and I can only hope we make it through this whole season without another.... thank you all for your diligence in this matter!
Teri Parvin
Rec Asst, BLM Kremmling
tparvin at
Teri_at_BLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #15
State Bridge Landing

Thanks for preserving this river access and getting it into public hands. Please - let's all cooperate and make this a good experience for all. Looking forward to the Colorado River being more accessible!
CRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #16
Denver, Colorado
Thanks Toby and Teri.
skipowpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #17
Evergreen, Colorado
Great work Toby!!, do you know when two bridges access will be open for business?
kevdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #18
BLM season pass

If you purchase a $15 season pass from BLM - Kremmling, you do not have to also pay at State Bridge, just have your season pass displayed in your driver side window. If you forget your pass you will have to pay the $3.
tsprunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #19
Land of Lovin, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
I got to use the new State Bridge site last weekend - great job! The cement ramp is a HUGE improvement on that steep bank and paying 3 bucks for my car was way cheaper than the 20+ dollars I'd have spent with the last owner!

Thank you BLM and Toby!
Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. - Voltaire
Jensjustduckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #20

Thanks for the kind words, we worked hard on it. Have you had a chance to use our other river access property, Two Bridges? It is about four miles down river from SB.

tsprunk is offline   Reply With Quote