Old 05-28-2012   #1
Palisade, Colorado
sand wash/9 mile cyn road conditions?

wondering if anyone has feedback regarding the condition of Sand Wash/Wrinkle road...i'm a little late on this post, as we are leaving in a couple few hours...wondering if we should go through Vernal or Green River. coming from Grand Junk...Last time i did this it was much better than I expected, wondering if it still is?

peak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012   #2
Bend, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1975
Doesn't look like you got an answer before you left... How was the road, (and bugs)? We put on in three weeks.

Aerocam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012   #3
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Just took off yesterday - the road to Sand Wash coming from Vernal was better than we've ever seen it. Bugs weren't bad at Sand Wash (although we were there in 40+ mph winds). Starting to get heavy farther down river, though. Bad enough my uncle pulled out his bug suit the last two days (Wire Fence 2 and Nefertitti).

markdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012   #4
Palisade, Colorado
road in from Price side wasn't bad, just longer than I remembered, as usual. passed one guy with a flat, and one of our party had to change a flat at the put-in, he came Vernal way...

lots of work going on on 9 mile road...anybody know why? surprising how much money they are apparently spending on that proj in the middle of nowhere despite slashing other budgets
peak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012   #5
Westminster, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Road from Myton to Sand Wash was excellent, the usual dust and sharp rocks. No mosquitos, but lots of bugs, despite the WIND. Here's the link for Nine Mile road improvements : Price
2tomcat2 is offline   Reply With Quote