Old 06-09-2009   #51

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 93
So what was his problem? Was he trying to keep people out of a camp besides his own?

Snowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009   #52

Grand Dysfunction, West Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Oh my

Pearen, your post is so well written and entertaining! Thank you for contributing. Great to know no one got hurt in everyone's escapades, especially when everything around you degenerates into said shitshow.

Please post video on youtube and put link here.... yes? Ohboyohboyohboy I can't wait!!!

Buzzards like us prove that a little smacktalking... not only smells like victory, but is also best done with 3 PBR minimum.

raft3plus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009   #53

Self-Employed Paddling Since: 2000
When I get my hands on the video I will post it - Pearen you must have copies for your own use...to be passed down from generation to generation!! I only wish we had video or pics of Tim riding our poor raft down Marsh cranking with a log on top of it. Amazing stories on both sides...at some point I will be writing a small (maybe not so small) trip report of our journey - it is worth the effort in putting it in ink.

For the record it was a cluster that week with people freaking out, hiking out, flying out, jumping trips, leaving gear behind - it's all good on the river - people just need to learn to hold the shit together and be prepared not all trips are smooth sailing especially big water. IT"S ALL GOOD and everyone was safe and we had a blast! Ready for next year but I would love to see it for once at lower water. This was trip #2 at high water. I would love to kayak it at lower flows

Patricia
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009   #54

Wow what a thread.... It is amazing how the game of telephone makes the story sooooo much bigger and fu@#$%ed. Thanks for all the shit talking. Its nice to known that only two members posted something positive about us, my rig, and my boating abilities was 3+ and Mike.

We launched on Marsh on the 24th and took out at Clarkston, WA 25 days later. I may post more about the trip but everyone should know that our party is all well and we did not have any carnage that was not due to a ranger being incompetent regarding Main Salmon rules.
oarboatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009   #55

Edge o' the Dust Bowl, Oklahoma
Paddling Since: 1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearen View Post
...and the other was a dude in a Dagger Green Boat running the whole thing solo in a day.
Come back? How many miles is that for a single day?
ActionJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009   #56

San Juans, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by oarboatman View Post
I may post more about the trip but everyone should know that our party is all well and we did not have any carnage that was not due to a ranger being incompetent regarding Main Salmon rules.

I too was not too impressed with the rangers at corn creek. I had to explain during the equipment check out what a firepan and groover was. The gitl couldn't have been more than 19. She looked at the firepan and asked 'So this is a groover..."

glad to see you guys had a kick ass trip

scott
dgosn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009   #57

boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1981
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
Come back? How many miles is that for a single day?
Would be about 115 if he had finished what he intended but he quit at about 85 miles.
jkisraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009   #58

The Road, Colorado
Paddling Since: '07
Send a message via Yahoo to Badazws6
We are putting on Friday. Anyone have anything recent on the logs at the take out?

MR
Old 06-23-2009   #59
Dipshit with the most.

Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badazws6 View Post
We are putting on Friday. Anyone have anything recent on the logs at the take out?

MR
As of last night at about 5:30 the ramp was clear. At Cache Bar that is. Seems like that is what you were referring too.

We heard stories about some stuff going on out there still last week. FTW?
Pretty mellow flow right now. Don't know what is happening to cause all this. Maybe too much blood in some peoples alcohol supply. I know that didn't happen to me.
carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009   #60

The Road, Colorado
Paddling Since: '07
Send a message via Yahoo to Badazws6
Nice, thanks.