Old 06-04-2010   #21

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1985
After the mank there is an island. The tree is in the left channel of the island.

Old 06-05-2010   #22

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Sorry not to get back to this thread. I called the Boulder County Sheriff's office, who drove up the river from Coal Creek Canyon, but did not walk up to the strainer which is apparently on private property--in Gilpin County. So, the Boulder Sheriff handed this off to the Gilpin Sheriff, who was supposed to give me a call. That was a week ago. Will try to call the Gilpin Sheriff's office soon...

Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010   #23

rollinsville, Colorado
island landowner

anyone been down to see that the tree is still there?

i live in rollinsville proper and i've always thought the land on the north side of the river was owned by the railroad (until you reach the fishing club) but looking at the county map there is indeed a private landowner on the north side and apparently the island. the records show this land to be owned by Kent Bartlo ( a local Ned guy involved in community events like the Peak to Peak music festival). Why don't we see if we can get a response from him regarding this tree...maybe he can help explain or give permission to go in and remove it.

I found his mailing address and email if anyone would like to handle this task. LMK kent_bartlo@hotmail.com or po box 331, rollinsville, co 80474. please do not spam this guy as he could be our friend in this matter.

i'd be up for helping out with the removal, if we get the okay (seen Deliverance too many times)
h2ostrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010   #24

rollinsville, Colorado
riverwide tree gone

i guess the 'low flows' this week on alto-alto were too much for that tree. i made a run today and it was gone.....it has parked itself river right just after the private property/ under surveillance signs and 100 yds downstream of its previous location. should make for a fine fish habitat. no longer a major boating hazard though. i'd still scout to see that this purposely fallen tree doesn't have a new buddy. be safe.

h2ostrider is offline   Reply With Quote