Old 07-09-2009   #91

Erie, Colorado
Paddling Since: 70
Boy you guys got me good. I misrepresented one of many photos collected over a long five day holiday. The incident remains...

iamyourhuckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009   #92

Cisco, Utah
Paddling Since: Dawn
Hey Huckleberry... It kinda appears you joined the Buzz to chime in on this issue specifically. Just curious if you happen to be the land owner in question here? Whether you are or not this has certainly brought some thought (and rant) to topics our community does need to be aware of. Our forum certainly brings out the best and worst and all in between, but does lend to information and education as well. Just curious though, either way welcome to mountainbuzz.

UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009   #93

The Road, Colorado
Paddling Since: '07
Send a message via Yahoo to Badazws6
Giving you the benefit of the doubt here mainly because you are playing the role of the devil (advocate) but could you answer the questions I posted previously and have posted again below?

How many kayakers did you see go through doing just as they should?

Anyway, would you please lay out your proposal on how to fix this issue?

Here is what it seems you are proposing: Shut down the road, stop everyone from boating or accessing any section of the river anywhere, retroactively tax everyone that has been down the river to pay for the 8 foot electrified fences and cameras that go to the center of the river and down along property lines. If the electric fences don't get anyone that dares enter the river at that point arrest them and throw away the key.

I know that isn't what you are actually proposing but you didn't like the idea of enforcing the current laws...
Old 07-09-2009   #94

Erie, Colorado
Quote:
Hey Huckleberry... It kinda appears you joined the Buzz to chime in on this issue specifically. Just curious if you happen to be the land owner in question here? Whether you are or not this has certainly brought some thought (and rant) to topics our community does need to be aware of. Our forum certainly brings out the best and worst and all in between, but does lend to information and education as well. Just curious though, either way welcome to mountainbuzz.
Thanks for the warm welcome. As far as me being the landowner, well, not entirely. But you can say I have a dog in this fight.

Quote:
How many kayakers did you see go through doing just as they should?
Why is this pertinent Matt? If everyone did exactly as they were suppose to-legally, then none of this would have ever become an issue, right? Do you think this guy all of a sudden just started hating rafters and kayakers because they were going up and down the river? I think there's more to it!

Here is what it seems you are proposing: Shut down the road, No. stop everyone from boating or accessing any section of the river anywhere, Again No. You can boat and access the river on the many public and legal points along the river. There is no need to violate someone's right of ownership or privacy/quiet enjoyment. There are sections of BLM above and below the numbers for ingresss and egress. # 5 can be viewed from the bridge or the public roadway. retroactively tax everyone that has been down the river to pay for the 8 foot electrified fences and cameras that go to the center of the river and down along property lines. If the electric fences don't get anyone that dares enter the river at that point arrest them and throw away the key. I ignored this in the past-it's totally stupid.

How would I fix it, easy. I would sugggest everyone respect the river, the law, landowner's rights, etc, etc. Too many people too often feel thay can do as they damn well please. What would you do to fix it Matt?
Old 07-09-2009   #95

The Road, Colorado
Paddling Since: '07
Send a message via Yahoo to Badazws6
To finish the quote that you very conveniently left out:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badazws6 View Post
I know that isn't what you are actually proposing but you didn't like the idea of enforcing the current laws...
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamyourhuckleberry View Post
How would I fix it, easy. I would sugggest everyone respect the river, the law, landowner's rights, etc, etc. Too many people too often feel thay can do as they damn well please. What would you do to fix it Matt?
While I can't say everyone here has always advocated this it is certainly in a majority and that I fail to see what you beef is with this particular community. Perhaps you should take it up with ARHA, the commercial boaters assoc. or someone else that is actually responsible for what is taking place.

I do hope you have a pleasant time and everyone respects everyones rights and sensibilities.

At this point it is obvious to me that you are just looking for a fight (yeah, I know, I'm slow sometimes), have questionable "facts" and don't really have any new or useful ideas. I will leave it at that and exit this conversation before my train of thought goes down hill further.

Matt
Old 07-09-2009   #96
I'm wrong 50% of the time

RFV, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1977
iamyourhuckleberry,
To start with, you have a limited number of posts, all on this thread. It's slight spooky that you have injected yourself into this conversation with out a full disclosure of who you really are and what your stake is in this section of the Arkansas River.

Aside from not fully disclosing yourself, you have LIED to the community in so much as you posted a picture that did not belong to you, claiming that it was not only a picture you took, but that it was at a specific location and of specific family. Your credibility ended here. Then you extrapolated by saying you witnessed things happen at said specific location, while we now know that you were not at said location. Thus leading our community to believe that you have fabricated said story and have thus lied to us again. You also post that you do not boat, but used to, while your profile indicates that you would be a IV boater.

SO-
1: Please give us a full disclosure of who you are.

2: What is your stake in the river corridor? please expand on your comment "As far as me being the landowner, well, not entirely. But you can say I have a dog in this fight."

3: Why are you posting on this forum/thread?

4: What do you hope to gain from our community?

Please answer these question. You could also get in touch with AHRA (Arkansas Headwaters Recreation Area - Rob White - 307 W. Sackett Ave. - Salida, CO 81201 (719)539-7289 - ahra@state.co.us) Colorado White Water > LINK or American White Water > LINK

I hope that you will take the appropriate measure to rectify the situation as it stands in your mind. Please know that most people on this board would be pissed off to see the river corridor violated and that we try to respect property and life. We do these pursuits because we love them, and would hate to see our use curtailed due to a few bad apples. That said, if your are here to create a fight and have no idea what resolution you are looking for, please crawl back into the whole from which you emerged.
Old 07-09-2009   #97

Erie, Colorado
Brendo,

That would be the "hole" from which I emerged. And why should I disclose anything to you? Who are you? Dude, I have been to that specific location more times than you will ever know, and it seems I'm there and have more problems during the high water/summer time of the year. Now, you tell me why that seems to always be the case? I have zero issues during the cold winter and low water season.

SO-
1: Please give us a full disclosure of who you are.
I could be either your best friend of your worst nightmare. I'd like to say I sleep with the owner's wife...
2: What is your stake in the river corridor? please expand on your comment "As far as me being the landowner, well, not entirely. But you can say I have a dog in this fight."
My stake should be the same as yours. I want this section of the river to be used properly with respect to individual ownership and the law. Moreover, I will crawl out of my hole to make sure this happens! I'm not looking for a fight! I'm trying my best to give you a heads up on what has evolved into a nasty situation over the last three years. I would hate to see you cited for trespassing.
3: Why are you posting on this forum/thread?
I bring to the attention of the "community" another view point-one from the landowner's side. I suggest you listen.
4: What do you hope to gain from our community?
Honestly, nothing. I would like the "community" to gain from me. Maybe this situation will not happen to the "community" down the road if you heed my advice. Remember, it only takes one bad apple!

Any more questions? Oh by the way, I'm sorry for selecting the wrong photo. I'll do better next time....maybe.
Old 07-09-2009   #98
Kayak/SUP Instructor

The High Ground, Colorado
Will,

I know who you are. I could post your picture here for all to see, however I won't do that. Yes you have a vested interest and it appears that you swung by here to give already law abiding boaters what for.

Why not come clean now and have an honest conversation?
Old 07-09-2009   #99

Erie, Colorado
Ok, fire away, what do you want to discuss? My family and I are feed up with the 'nobodies" that continue to lay waste to our property. It's not the fisherman! It's not the rafting companies. And it's not the kayakers (wrong)! It is nobody; we have had enough! We have had OUR property removed, destroyed, encroached upon, and trampled over. We have even been threatened with force for simply asking someone to leave when we felt they were suspicious or disrespectful. We have had our access blocked. My children have endured sex fests in the so called parking lot. You name it, I/we have dealt with it!

This piece of property has been owned by my family for nearly twenty years now (public records will attest to this fact). We're not a bunch of buttheads looking for a fight-we have been tolerant, check your history. But now, it seems the fight is looking for us. People are cutting down our trees, ripping out our fence...on and on and on! Nobody, not one of you has ever come to me for my permission to trespass, and yet I'm the douche bag... WTF! Seriously, start at the beginning of the thread. You will see every assumption under the sky (I love the fact that ya'll blamed the kind neighbor to the south of us. He owns such a small portion of the river). People claim they will do this or that-take a trespass ticket, etc. In reality, if you were informed, respectful, did your homework, were non-assumptive, and asked my family's permission, then there wouldn't be a single issue. We would tell you to treat it like your own. Pretty simple, eh? So where did we go wrong people?

I am sorry for being so reticent. I was trying to do a little detective work of my own-flushing out the bad guys.

Theo, do I know you?
Old 07-09-2009   #100

Indian Hills, Colorado
If you buy a house across from a land fill, it's going to smell like garbage. If you buy a house near a freeway, there's gonna be traffic noise. If you buy a house in Morrison, they'll be drunken concert-goers in your front yard. If you buy a house on one of the most most boated rivers in the nation, there will be river rats, good and bad.

Not trying to defend anyone's actions...trash should be picked up, feces should be pooped in sanitary receptacles and intercourse (while definitely not discouraged) should be away from innocent eyes.

Just callin' you out man. You're bitchin about paddlers on the busiest fucking river in the nation. Get over it. It's like living in a Lodo loft and bitching about baseball fans.

Here's a tip: sell your overcroweded arky riverfront (I'm sure you could get a pretty penny for it) buy something in Montucky or Wyoming where there's less traffic.

DanOrion is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
ark