Old 06-19-2012   #31
Wolcott, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Originally Posted by hojo View Post
What, Nate doesn't share his stash with you any more?
Nate ran out while trying to lure little boys into Turtles van.

JDHOG72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012   #32
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Chief Niwot,
I have actually only run that part a few times out of nearly 100 runs on Foxton.Would like to do longer runs down there this year since there is not much else.From Buffalo Creek through Waterton is 12.5 miles apx. Let me know the next time you go town there.Anybody else too ...we used to have a group of guys that met there evenings like Thursdays and Tuesdays.... need to start that up again, Mjpow you down?....beginner intermediates wanting to step up from Filter, Decker's, Pumphouse, etc. I will show you the run and chase your gear if needed....not hard or dangerous but have seen minor injuries ( chin stitches the worst) and chased down many a boat /paddle....want to work the hell out of it several.times to get to where i feel comfortable on Bailey again....

cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012   #33
Arvada (Denver), Colorado
Originally Posted by hojo View Post
True. Though if this individual is harassing people for being on "his road" when they're on public land then at the very least they would be able to help these boaters out with land owner harassment. My guess is that, given the nature of this encounter, this guy has a history of these encounters.

Glenn, how can boaters be better armed against this? I don't actually know what to reference in relation to land access.
Go to the County Assessor web site, search the property map and print out the boundaries, road right of way width, etc of the area in question. Take the printout (laminated, of course) with you and show it to the person that you're on legal public land. Then go boat.

Search the Colorado Revised Statutes online for statute 18-9-107, "Obstruction of Highways". Yes, it includes obstructions of waterways. Waterways are roadways are highways...

Also, take a gps enabled camera to not only take pics but also to gps map the *exact location* for court. Betcha $.47 cash money the DA won't prosecute once they know you have evidence showing you're on public right of way. That's US not confederate script $.47.

This stuff is gonna continue to happen until/unless somebody tests it in binding court by getting A rested for trespass or files a complaint against the harasser and takes it up to the Colo Supremes, gets a public road/bridge access or use legislative bill (Google "Montana Public Bridge Access Law HB190 2009") or gets an initiative passed (Google "2012 Ballot Initiative #3 "Colorado Public Trust Doctrine").

Know the law, exercise your rights and ye shall be freebo...
Ole Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012   #34
Ok. So the incident was reported to jeffco sheriff. No charges were filed due to conflicting stories. This guy claims I threatened him with my paddle. Bullshit. Everyone be careful with this nutjob. I'm gonna let him be. W all have better shit to do. But, this has been documented, so if something else does happen, it won't be the first time. E
egillaspy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012   #35
Dipshit with the most.
Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
Originally Posted by egillaspy1 View Post
No charges were filed due to conflicting stories. This guy claims I threatened him with my paddle.
Good on ya. Too bad the sheriff or DA, whoever is the sackless POS to determine whether to file charges or not, can't fathom that he is the aggressor went out of his way to leave his residence, chase you down on the road and issue a series of vile sexual threats.

But thanks for not laying down and rolling over. Takes a couple of people willing to get involved at least somewhat to bring aholes like this in line.
carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012   #36
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
And now for the rest of the story

Well I decided to file charges against this person. But, our GREAT Englewood County Sheriff thinks that we both broke the law. Because Eric and I parked there to see if we could park, we were trespassing on his land. It's kinda bull shit if you ask me because there is a very large pull out and a state forest sign. But, that was after everything else. He wanted to charge all 3 of us with disorderly conduct. Eric and I had the same story and this man said Eric was coming after him with a paddle and told a bunch of other lies. The man also said that his wife was scared for him and his life, did not even see her. Well long story shore no charges were filed against a man that said he was going to come down and fuck my ass, told me to suck his dick more then once, and flipped us off several times. On several occasions we tried to leave and he just kept going. Final solution I think we should all start running shuttle from this area and parking up the road. The sheriff said that the man can not do anything if we access the river from his property. and when you go up don't forget to pay the toll. There is a file and note made.
climbermale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012   #37
Littleton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 98
You really should have just dared him to rape you.

Always works wonders...
slavetotheflyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012   #38
Grand Junction, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Sorry to hear about it man. Get a camera next time, and be sure to record it next time
skyegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012   #39
Paddling Since: 2002
Originally Posted by slavetotheflyrod View Post
You really should have just dared him to rape you.

Always works wonders...
Oh! I don't take it lightly! I've always got to know
There's an old lion a roarin' n the river down below
colorado_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012   #40
Where exactly is Englewood County?

Rich is offline   Reply With Quote