Old 10-21-2010   #11

West of Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
We need a WW park in Nederland too! We have better and longer flows down the source then this mank.

Old 10-21-2010   #12

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
AJ, not sure if it will happen, but Ned does have preliminary feelers out for some river corridor enhancement, including, maybe some kayak features.

While it is easy to write off a Bear creek park, there is more at issue here. I don't know all the details, but there was next to no opposition from the City council to selling off city owned, riparian land to nearby home owners. When it should be kept public and restored/enhanced for better access for boating and fishing.

I think Kburris will post more as info comes to him, but Morrison needs support from lots river users-anglers and boaters to block this privatization of the river.

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010   #13

buena vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Wait, the bear ck wwpark season won't conflict with brek's wwpark season, right??
fatbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011   #14

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
The Turkey Crk.Whitewater Park will be ready as soon as we figure out how to bolt car hoods and yield signs to boulders.We are also making a big water feature on Lefthand.Aurora/Arapahoe County can seemingly do whatever they want to Cherry Creek and afford to make numerous little falls .Why not playspots,so what if it runs 3 days a year? I actually love these type little creeks but a park would be impractical with the skimpy flows.Jeez those stats were even more depressing than i thought for Bear.

In all seriousness here's three better prospects

1]Ft.Collins ,already people on it for years .What's up with this?

2]Longmont on the St Vrain below the confluences with Lefthand and Boulder Creek.Would have the combined flows of 5 navigable creeks;So. Boulder,Boulder,SSV,NSV,and Lefthand,minus diversions and municipal use.I don't know if a plan exists or just local boaters kicking ideas around.There are manmade drops a little above I- 25 that could possibly be redesigned,so i've heard.

3]Lower Clear Creek through west suburbia many drops through here,bike path ,parks,access points.Has about same season as rest of creek,plus urban runnoff.Runs high briefly many years.Like on Cherry these municipalities seem to be able to modify drops on the creek for aesthetic reasons at will.
cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #15

303, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
You ought to call Scott; He is living up in Lyons now.

I bet he would be interested in looking at the potential river, riparian and aquatic habitat improvements along Bear Creek.

Lately, I have been working with Scott Shipley and Nick Turner at S2o Design and Engineering. It is very cool that the two split off and teamed up. They have taken their experience as professional kayakers and created a design firm based on real kayaking and engineering experience. They have been building projects with new technology all over the world including the 2012 Olympic Venue in England which is the first adjustable/changeable channel using Rapid Blocks. It is great to work with guys that live kayaking and design projects that function as intended.

http://www.whitewaterhelmet.com/index2.asp
CUkayakGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011   #16

Bailey,Vanbydriviera, CO, CO/ bingyomoney
Paddling Since: 2004
Spend more, get less. Yes for fishing, no way for play. Well it could kinda work for play after running the canyon, maybe.. Sometimes..Who can see it? Really????

Tags
ark