Old 05-26-2010   #1

New Castle, Colorado
Loma put in tire issues

On Tuesday we got back to the Loma parking lot to find every car had the valve cores removed from the tires. Close to 15 cars had this done. Thankfully the Sheriff had called a co op truck to come and help replace the cores and air them up. Granted it cost $30, and some people skipped out on paying after having the work done, driver was collecting Lic #ís to report to the sheriff. Big time bummer to come back to. But it could have been much worse.

jhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010   #2

Golden, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhon View Post
... and some people skipped out on paying after having the work done...
Those folks are worse than the guys who removed the valves. The guys who took the valves out were teenagers having some misguided fun. The deadbeats who didn't pay the working man who drove all the way out there to save them are thieves. Douche bags.

Ture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010   #3

New Castle, Colorado
Big time Douche bags! I think they pissed off everyone that was there worse then the vandals who did in our tires. Word is they are from the Basalt area and some guys were talking about tracking them down to get them to pay. not good karma at all.
Old 05-26-2010   #4

steamboat springs, Colorado
We had two cars parked at Loma on Monday night. ON Tues we got to take-out at WW and were told "every car at Loma" was vandalized. We called AAA and had them meet us at Loma, but when we arrived our two cars were fine(?). If you had the Fruita Co-op guy fix our tires, please let me know and we'll get you the dough. From the looks of it nothing was done to the tires, a couple were simply missing their valve caps.

Thanks.
3d3vart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010   #5

New Castle, Colorado
I think the Sheriff had the guys from the coop fix the rest as they were only going to stay a few hours and were about to leave. as no one else had come in while I was loading the car up. I still have not had the time to call the sheriff to see what the deal was so maybe they know?
Old 05-26-2010   #6

New Castle, Colorado
I think there was a green car, a subie outback and a forester left then maybea van and a jeep and they fixed all of them.
Old 05-27-2010   #7

New Castle, Colorado
they only replaced the cores not the caps, small loss, who cares, talked to the sheriff, they had the guys do all the rest of the cars and were going to pay them and then charge the people who did it if they find them. Very nice of the sheriff to do that so no moola needed.
Old 05-27-2010   #8

Winter Park, Colorado
I arrived to my car on Tuesday evening and there was no one else in the parking lot. As I was leaving, I noticed a business card under my windshield wiper from the Sheriff asking me to call - so I did as I was driving down I-70. This is when I learned of the tire vandalism to every car's tires in Loma parking lot. I asked the Sheriff if there was anything I should do and he said as long as there is no other damage to my car, that it was fine. If I owe someone money, I'm happy to pay it. I do not like being accused of "skipping out" on the bill, as I had NO idea anything was wrong with my car until I contacted the Sheriff!
Flower18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010   #9

New Castle, Colorado
Sorry if it sounded like we were accusing everyone of "skipping" out if you did not pay as there is/was more to the story. The person that was directed at was talking to others as we started to unpack our gear with cash in his hand and commented that "this just got cheaper for us" turned got in his car and just left without paying the guys doing the work after telling him they would pay.

In short there was only one group that skipped out after having their tires repaired, and they knew they skipped out too.

Flower18 and anybody else that showed up after 3:30 or so you guys are fine, they repaired your tires on the sheriffs tab.

I am sorry for the confusion and did not mean for it to end up that way.
Old 05-27-2010   #10

steamboat springs, Colorado
Thanks Jhon. Mountain Buzz community to the rescue...with all the stories on here of "stupid cops" writing tickets for folks that park next to "no parking" signs, kicking campers out of "no camping" zones, etc., it is good to experience a cop doing a good deed for the boating community. All of us with cars at Loma this weekend, sure appreciate it, and we will be letting them know.

Thanks.

3d3vart is offline   Reply With Quote