Old 07-10-2011   #1

C.O.
Log below Stealth Put-in on the Numbers.

I call this rapid #0 because it's upstream on the numbers put-in. From where you put-in for the stealth put-in rocks, you can see the first couple drops just downstream. The log can't bee seen yet. It's on river-left, 2nd drop. You can't see it until you negotiate the first drop. It appeared to be about 2 feet in diameter with other wood collecting under it. The river width on both these drops is seperated by their own big rock in the center of the river. The log in the 2nd drop reaches from the center rock and across the entire left side of the river.

If you take the 1st drop on the left, you have time to get right, (what I did), but it still adds a little pucker to your day.

I post this report because the log is blocking my usual line and I know others use it too.

The wood of the log was very bright yellow in color suggesting that it hasn't been in the river long like all the darker more weathered logs we often see. If this has been posted prior, then at least know that it is still there.

"So in two seconds, away we went, a sliding down the river, and it did seem so good to be free again and all by ourselves on the big river and nobody to bother us." -Mark Twain (The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn)
Ed Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011   #2

Thanks Ed. This is great info for paddlers in the Ark Valley.

bvwp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011   #3

placerville, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
still there?
steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011   #4

Arkansas during the off-season Nomadic during the summers! :), Arkansas & Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
What do you mean stealth put-in...I always put-in at the numbers launch site as we are supposed to do (cough cough). You mean the LOWER lower pine creek put-in
gannon_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011   #5

C.O.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gannon_w View Post
What do you mean stealth put-in...I always put-in at the numbers launch site as we are supposed to do (cough cough). You mean the LOWER lower pine creek put-in
To quote Frank Herbert's Dune: ".....I did not say this. I am not here."

..... I haven't been up there to run that section again since that trip. Hopefully other boaters can keep keep an open eye and post regarding any movement, or lack of.
"So in two seconds, away we went, a sliding down the river, and it did seem so good to be free again and all by ourselves on the big river and nobody to bother us." -Mark Twain (The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn)
Ed Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote