Old 03-21-2010   #1

Help to remove the Tree in the Lower Blue

Seeking help in mid April to remove the tree in the lower blue just past the wall rapid

mavv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010   #2
V for Victory

9300ft, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Send a message via AIM to SummitAP
i'll help on a weekday

Old 03-22-2010   #3
Have paddled a Quest

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1984
If the tree is on private property please get permission of the landowner first.

Thanks!
Mark
Old 03-22-2010   #4

Littleton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 98
Do you know for a fact that it's still there? I'd be glad to help, chainsaw and all.
slavetotheflyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010   #5
Kayak/SUP Instructor

The High Ground, Colorado
So...If the tree is not grounded, but floating, and you stand on the tree is the tree an extension of the private property the stump is still attached to? We better take a lawyer with us.
Old 03-22-2010   #6

Littleton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 98
If memory serves me right, and we're talking about the same tree, I believe that is BLM property the tree is located on. Are we talking about the one right at the bottom of the rapid, that you have to go just left of? Or the one a bit further down that is just about river wide, and that you have to stay tight to the left bank to get over? In any case, both could use a trim if they're still in the same position. The one at the exit of the rapid will be a bit tricky to deal with, the other one not so much.
slavetotheflyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010   #7

tree removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavetotheflyrod View Post
Do you know for a fact that it's still there? I'd be glad to help, chainsaw and all.
We are looking at the same tree in the middle of the river,we move it to the side on BLM land or cut the tree in pieces then move it to BLM land,its a task but with the tree gone a lot of people would be happy!!!!!!
Old 03-22-2010   #8

We will need help in mid April most likely onthe weekend,please help spread the word we have to get it out
Old 03-22-2010   #9

The tree is in the middle one idea we move it to BLM land or we cut the tree into pieces and then move the pieces to BLM and not private land
Old 03-22-2010   #10

The tree is n the center,A we move the tree to BLM land or we cut the tree into piece and then move it to BML land and not private. We need all the help we can get so help spread the word!!!!!!!!!!!