Old 04-18-2005   #1

Hazard on the Upper Dolores!!!!

Sunday was my first time on the Upper Dolores, so if this is common knowledge, please excuse it. Me and some friends decided to run the whole run to Stoner Bridge, and about 3/4 of the way through the run when it starts meandering through open land, some jackass farmer has strung barbed wire across the river. It caught us by suprise as we were sort of complacent just moving along. There are two strands above water and one strand below. Also, CRC states the Stoner bridge as the takeout, but surrounding the bridge are numerous signs stating "Private Property, No Trespassing". Six miles later, we took out on the banks of the highway. Just some info for you guys,
Josh

stonej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005   #2

Technology Partner, Littleton, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to mvhyde
sounds like.....

you need to bring some wire cutters

mvhyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005   #3

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1984
Cut off all that flat water by using the access that I described in the earlier post, if it's still there. It's not obvious from the highway if you're going 55 mph, but there is a turnout about 2-3 miles below the ledge hole section. I used to know the mile marker, but I haven't been down to catch this run in a few years. There's a rutted out road that goes straight down to the river.
El Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off