Grizzley Creek Trailer Access? - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-10-2016   #1

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Grizzley Creek Trailer Access?

A few years ago they were removing the "pole in the hole" after Labor Day. Is this still the case? Thinking about launching there tomorrow for a mellow float.

Thanks!

-AH

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2016   #2
Plunk your magic twanger!

New Castle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
The post has been out all year. Last year too. I think since the FS began staffing the ramp during the summer.
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016   #3

glenwierd, Co.
Paddling Since: 05'
Post is out.

VOTE DONNELLY!!!
Panama Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2016   #4

Carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1965
Hey Andy Hit me up if you get over this way. Was just on the Grizz yesterday for a work project. Beautiful time to be on the river - and the fishing is pretty good. The Fork is almost too low but the Colorado is still in good condition
jgrebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016   #5

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Thanks for the info, guys. I wish I'd known that they've had it out during the summer as it's a real impediment to boating that stretch. By the way, when they first put it in, the USFS improperly did so as part of a modification to the outfitter management plan and never solicited public input from recreational boaters on the action.

It seems like some signage on the bikepath and the ramp could've gone a long way toward eliminating the problem...

Jeff - Sorry I didn't give you a shout - we had a great lil float yesterday with my nephew that you met summer before last on Lodore. He and his honey just moved out to Denver and he is looking for his first raft!

Thanks again everyone,

-AH
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016   #6

glenwierd, Co.
Paddling Since: 05'
All you have to do is mail me a check and I'll take out.

VOTE DONNELLY!!!
Panama Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016   #7

Carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1965
Hey Andy. You probably saw us. I was with a big group of SGM employees removing debris along the shore. We got out about 500 lbs of rusted metal culverts and PVC pipe. Until next time
jgrebe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
access