Glenwood Springs Bridge Replacement - Page 4 - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-09-2016   #31

glenwierd, Co.
Paddling Since: 05'
Bahahahaha^

I'd take that deal n crawfish, then drill that ole devil in the ass.

Panama Red is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016   #32
Boy Howdy!

Colotucky, USA
Paddling Since: 2006
So boys who's going to the meeting with me tomorrow?
Old 05-10-2016   #33

Roaring Fork Valley, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
It looks like Shashine exit will have 30 min deals eastbound Tues and Thursday while they do more rock scaling at the tunnel.

http://www.aspendailynews.com/section/home/171059
skideeppow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016   #34
Boy Howdy!

Colotucky, USA
Paddling Since: 2006
Well it looks like they are going to have some closures between the weeks of July 14 - 29 & August 2nd - 23rd
No weekend work and between the hours of 4am to noon. The ramp at grizzly will be closed and guarded and there will be a $100 fine for those caught going under the bridge before noon
On the good side they have these weeks marked out but are only anticipating 4 days of actual work each month but are calling out these weeks as conditions may affect what can happen. The information people will keep us informed.
As usual the commercials are concerned about the bottom line and don't really give a hoot about private boaters as we only play on the river and not pay them to be on their river.
There was one stand out owner who asked actual questions and put in good input and wants us all to work together while this is happening.
The information group putting out the info is really on top of putting out information and during those periods they will have information at 3pm for the following day.
The whole thing is basically about safety as they don want us under the bridge as they will be placing girders and utility lines and concrete and the don't want to kill one of us on accident.
Shoshone will be open for laps the entire time!
Old 05-12-2016   #35

We're screwed, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
I feel like the only one inquiring about the bridge work , but I have another question that hopefully locals can help with.

I heard from a fairly reliable source that the hot spring runoff that goes into the hobo hot springs is to be rerouted. Is there any truth to this? If so, any beta on when it is to be rerouted?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mountain Buzz mobile app
Old 05-12-2016   #36

Carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesimapirate View Post
I feel like the only one inquiring about the bridge work , but I have another question that hopefully locals can help with.

I heard from a fairly reliable source that the hot spring runoff that goes into the hobo hot springs is to be rerouted. Is there any truth to this? If so, any beta on when it is to be rerouted?

They're planning on rerouting it and releasing the hot springs water in the middle of the river. So no more hippie dips.
daairguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016   #37
Plunk your magic twanger!

New Castle, Colorado
Yeah, it's done. They have been struggling to make it "illegal" with periodic enforcement of trespassing on the CDOT right-of-way. It is now downriver and right at the eastbound I70 exit and covered by a grate. The surrounding grade is also too low but we'll just let them figure that out😀.

Sent from this thingy using Mountain Buzz
Gremlin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016   #38

We're screwed, Colorado
Thanks Gremlin. Somewhat sad to see it go, but I also somewhat see the illegal side as well.

Old 05-12-2016   #39

New Castle, Colorado
Good summary Pinemonkey. I attended with the hope of avoiding the commercial trips. They asked that the "delays" allow them to launch at Grizzly at 10:30 and not pass under the bridge before noon, rather than restricting their launch at Grizzly until noon.

If all the commercial trips are held up until 12:00, I will not be showing up at that time. If they can launch at 10:30 then I will definitely be on my usual schedule of the "crack-of-noon" club.

Also heard mention of the commercials doing more "alternate" trips which will affect the Carbondale, Westbank, and South Canyon ramps. No one from BLM, Colorado Parks and Recreation, or Forest Service showed up (or gave input) so I hope they are aware of the added use of the other ramps they should be anticipating.

Old 05-12-2016   #40

New Castle, Colorado
Another meeting is planned for early June, right after Memorial Day, with a few more details about the river "delays" and hopefully answers about commercial launch times. The planners wondered how they could distinguish between commercial and private which I have explained should not be a factor, we all float at the same speed.