Old 05-25-2011   #11

RR threatened to call police to have us ticketed and arrested for trespassing last year, and we weren't parked by the tracks, just crossing the tracks with our boats. If you are caught crossing the tracks, you are going to get in trouble and piss off the RR company, so please don't!

There is a legal access to the Fraser river that the fishermen use, with a trail. It involves a long walk (all down-hill) to get to the river, but is perfectly legal, and before the rapids. I will talk to someone from TU to get directions and details and then post ASAP.....

jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011   #12

Winter Park, Colorado
Paddling Since: 93
...and do we have to paddle all the way to the ballparks, or is it allowable to take out at the diversion after the golf course?

Solo WP boater here...hit me up anytime, to run the Fraser...I am always looking for people with whom to paddle.

Homer

Old 05-25-2011   #13

Icebox, Colorado
Paddling Since: 98
Here are directions to the legal access. Right at the bridge before tabernash and then left on to county rd 84 then a left on strawberry creek road when this Ys stay left and you will eventually get to a signed trail head.
Like Jenifer said it is a walk but it is al down hill. I may use this this weekend just to see how it goes with a deflated paddle cat if anyone is interested.
grandyoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011   #14

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Admin note - merged the two threads on the same topic started by the same person.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
lmaciag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011   #15

Winter Park, Colorado
I am definitely interested in making a run down the Fraser this weekend, IF we don't end up heading over to State Bridge.
Old 05-25-2011   #16

grandyoso has the directions right. After you turn off Strawberry Rd, the trail is about 1 mile drive, and on the left. There was no sign last year, but maybe there is now.....
jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011   #17

x, x
Paddling Since: x
also I belive you can take out above the dam. There were improvments made there near the fire station on the river left side. Parking and such.

IF there is any confusion stop at the fire station to clarify put in access.

PLEASE, PLEASE respect the wishes of the land owners. also, be polite and LEAVE NO TRACE!!!

this is a good run, that gets fucked up like sooo mannnyyyy others.

it does not have to be this way.
bobbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011   #18

Winter Park, Colorado
Strawberry Rd. access blows!

The trail head off of Strawberry Rd is 1.3 miles from the start of the road...

This trail access sucks! It is probably a mile hike, and it is not all down hill. It is not that bad, if you are hiking a play boat in, but It would SUCK to carry anything bigger in!

Worst part about this put-in, is it makes doing this run solo, with no shuttle aid, virtually impossible.

Think I'll be testing my luck crossing the tracks, on solo days...which are many.

Tags
access