Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2008   #61

Denver, Colorado
identity clarification

Just to clarify from casper's email, I am not Marty, I'm Darren. I don't know how anyone could confuse me with that untalented, ugly sack of sh_t. And I can say that without fear of retribution because he is out on his dirtbike for the next 4 days.
Other than that, spot on CM.
-d

Old 07-15-2008   #62

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingston View Post
Just to clarify from casper's email, I am not Marty, I'm Darren. I don't know how anyone could confuse me with that untalented, ugly sack of sh_t.
Other than that, spot on CM.
-d
i will try to make a mental note......

Old 07-15-2008   #63
V for Victory

9300ft, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Send a message via AIM to SummitAP
Quote:
Originally Posted by caspermike View Post
Ap just cause you know one chicken doesn't mean you know the flock.
I think that has been my point to her all along...
Old 07-15-2008   #64

Golden, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamoutloud2 View Post
... If you believe in God, then there was nothing that could have been done, because this guy's number was up. It was his time to go. ...
What does believing in God have to do with believing in destiny? Nothing. If you are a first responder then you are a dangerous loon. Stay away from injured people.
Old 07-15-2008   #65

Park City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1985
Some thoughts

If I'm ever in the shit, I hope someone who is as invested as her is there to help me.

Consider where you are. Even in acessable runs like browns or the numbers, consider the risk you are taking because it is going to take a while to get help. It took me a very long time in this sport to figure that out, but I'm slower than most.

There is a herd mentality in some careers that you need to protect your own. I understand that, but at times it defies reason. When a first responder has been busting her ass for a couple hours to have someone say, "Do you want to continue yourself", shows an arrogance that he needs to be kicked in the ass by his boss for. Probably having it come out here is at least as effective.

Finally, venting and talking is part of healing. Her choice to blast here is not one I would make, but I've done and will do stupid things here as well.
Some important things have come out in this thread.

Last: Gore boxing match with Hobie and Basil. Summit AP there to do the claean up and cut work.
Old 07-15-2008   #66

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitAP View Post
I think that has been my point to her all along...

flocks act different than one single bird alone dumbass. thats the point im getting at. that flock was pecking eachothers asses and not getting done what needed to be done.

birds copy eachother in a group meaning if one bird is cleaning more than likely most of them will be cleaning. so if one emt personal was looking at scenery they probably all were.
Old 07-15-2008   #67

KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Send a message via MSN to hobie
I really truly did not want to post on this again but had to. I am sorry for using the word "weak" if it came across as her helping aid in the situation. I applaud her and have communicated that to her by email as well. I was only pointing at the misidentification of the units responding. Either way maybe I should have just read the post and not commented. Now I have twice. My appologies to the woman that helped out. It was certainly a terrible situation I never meant to imply your help was not appreciated.

hobie
Old 07-15-2008   #68

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Hearsay

It is not hearsay if she is describing her own personal knowledge of the event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitAP View Post
Surgass01, your good samaritan actions are most commendable in this tragedy.

But, you sullied the name of the innocent, and you are STILL repeating hearsay about poor service from people who you admit were confused about what service they were speaking ill about! I wasn't there, but I do know how GCEMS runs their show so your description of two ambulances with non functioning equipment is extremely hard to believe. Also, they do run BLS-only ambulances. The second arriving vehicle would probably have been their ALS/ILS unit.

I think the right thing to do is ask the moderators to take this entire travesty of a thread down.
Old 07-15-2008   #69

Park City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1985
Hobie,
I don't think you did anything wrong. I read your post to say, they've helped us, and they were good. They aren't all bad.
I think she would agree. You questioned her original choice to blast. I would too. I also unfortunately been in her shoes, and understand that anger is a part of grieving. Questioning everything that happened and pointing out areas for improvement is important. Again this thread demonstrates that.
I don't envy you. You go out and have a blast in a mountain town and as a rep, you will stand out. That is both positive and negative for the image you sell. From the days of your bike trek, to dealing with rogue kids paddling for you, you have never demonstrated anything but class here. You did nothing wrong. Of late, if you post something other than a water fall picture or a trip report, you’re going to come under attack. Probably also has a bit to do with the whole target demographic here as well.
In the end, she made some good points, and did a heroic thing. I think we all agree on that.
Old 07-15-2008   #70
Beginner

Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ture View Post
If you are a first responder then you are a dangerous loon. Stay away from injured people.
This might be the dumbest thing I've read all week. I guess it's still just Tuesday...

First responders are there to assess the safety of the scene and provide basic care when EMS is not yet present. A lot of research has gone into the training of first responders and many of us only have the time and money to get this level of training. Are you telling me that I should stay away from injured people because I'm a first responder? Give me a break.

Closed Thread