Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2008   #101
Dipshit with the most.

Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
What good will come.

Maybe some of this will filter back through to the Ems org and training will be improved.
Maybe someone will invest in a cpr class or renewal.
Maybe someone will create an emergency action plan ( in their head at least) and be better prepared for the next emergency.
surgrass will be able to realize that she did made a noble effort under difficult circumstances and forgive ems for not being better in this situation.

What for sure will happen is that someone will use posts as an excuse to get pissed off and start name calling. Oh wait that all ready happened.

Turn it to the positive. Is the cup half empty of half full? Don't let this young man's death be a reason to feud. Take what you can learn. Be safe as you can. Love your friends and look out for one another.

Old 07-16-2008   #102

Denver, Colorado
God Bless him and his family and friends. Sounded like a great guy. It's pretty sick to read some posts on here. I would not want to experience that situation ever, but talking about it helps. Surgass, I hope your on the river when i am there, sounds like you got your stuff together and tried your best, nothing you could do.

Was there anymore updates on head injury and how he died and why? Did he actually slip back in? That seems to happen alot after a flip.

Old 07-16-2008   #103

Such an aweful tradgedy!! My heart goes out to the family. If the family is reading this thread, I hope that some day you will be reunited with Justin in heaven. I'm so sorry that this happened! It just shows how fleeting life is. It makes think that we should always stay close to our families and friends no matter what because you never know how much time you'll have with them.

Warmest Regards,
Curtis (Julie's boyfriend)
Old 07-16-2008   #104

FR, CO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Unbelievable!

This is unbelievable... You got a women that did exactly the right thing at the right time, trying to save another human being's life with everything she got, and she posts her honest opinion here on buzz and gets ripped apart by some of you! Is that really how we should treat someone that just really stepped up to do her part?
Old 07-16-2008   #105

Federal Heights, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
How Dare You bad mouth this Person. She is well liked . She is a very caring Person. She is taking this death very hard. YES I know Her. If She could have given Her Life to have saved Him She would have. I Think You must be feeling Guilty as a EMT.You would not say such bad thing if You wasn't sure of how great you are.Every one makes mistakes. But not all are just plain LAZY.
Old 07-16-2008   #106

Grand Junction, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Surgass01, I'm sorry for the loss of this young man, and I commend you for doing your utmost. I too am approaching 30, am about to get married, and love the time I am able to spend on the river. Events like this remind me that life should not be taken for granted, and that any positive contributions we can make to the the lives of others are what give our lives meaning. My condolences.
Old 07-17-2008   #107

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
This thread about a tragedy on the river with a lot of heartfelt commentary has degenerated into a pissing match and is being closed. Several of the most recent posts disputing EMT services have been deleted because they distracted from the thread's purpose. If folks want to debate EMT services, please start a new thread in the Eddy.

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Closed Thread