Paddling Since: 2003

Thanks for speaking up.

Tom G

TGettel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016   #82
Preacher of the Profit Paddling Since: 1990
You speak for me.

I support your efforts.

I love to dance, but who needs the music- It throws me off.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016   #83
Arvada (Denver), Colorado
I support your efforts to raise awareness about the (Boulder County) government's obligation and duty as public trustees to preserve and protect the public's trust interest to beneficially use its common natural resource assets, such as water, air, etc., for all lawful activities.
Ole Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016   #84
I support your efforts.
benR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016   #85
Durango, CO
Paddling Since: 1990
I support your efforts. Over a 110 miles of multi use trails with access to 35,000 acres of open space in Boulder County and they want to close river access? I applaud your efforts, great job!
d.e. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016   #86
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2009
I support the effort

I support the efforts!
blhaynes33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016   #87
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1974
Matt, I have some questions based on what you said. Thanks for keeping us informed

Originally Posted by erdvm1 View Post
Hey guys and gals, Boulder County Parks and Open space has acquired quite a bit of land since the floods. Some of this land stretches across boated runs. BCOPS has "signaled" that they will NOT allow boating to occur any longer on these stretches of river.

How have they signaled that boating will not be allowed?

In some stretches BCPOS has actually used fencing

Are these fences across the put in, or are they blocking all the land at a specific property?

and in others citations are possible

Has anyone received a citation or is this a threat? What violation are they threatening people with? Trespass on the land or illegal boating?

as well as allowing debris such as river wide strainers to remain across the channel and be a potential life safety hazard and by proxy diminishing the ability to paddle without walking across private land.

Thats the short story.

What I need is support that you as front range boaters in Boulder County oppose BCPOS stance on not allowing safe boating through runnable stretches of water. If you would just type below.... "I support your efforts" I can then document that much of the boating community opposes any stance minimizing the safe boating of rivers in creeks that are owned by BCPOS. Lower South St Vrain, Some stretches of Boulder creek, Some areas of the St Vrain below Lyons and possibly some stretches along the NSV.

If you don't know who I am I'm sure someone on here can vouch that this is a legitimate request and for the good of our sport as boaters.

Matt Booth

Lyons Outdoor Games Coordinator for over 9 years
merritrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016   #88
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
As a local business that employs 13 people (many of whom recreate in Boulder in County) Down River Equipment supports your efforts.
Toll Free: 1-888-467-2144
Down River Equipment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016   #89
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Savasana, kombucha, flatirons

As a long time Boulder resident and great appreciator of Boulder Canyon and other front range runs that might be affected by BC open space acquisitions, I hugely support your effort to maintain access to all rivers, even ones I cannot run! I think if BC open space had their way we'd turn in bikes, boats and climbing gear for hiking shoes or, even better, for spectacles to better see the flatirons as we sit on our butts on the Chautauqua lawn sipping kombucha and striking Savasana poses. Gawd help Boulder! (Quick.)
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016   #90
Eagle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Total Support

Thanks for getting this out there and I support your efforts. A government agency closing access or limiting opportunities to recreate on navigable creeks, rivers, and streams seems to disregard one of their primary objectives, which is to provide recreational opportunities to the citizens of Boulder County and visitors alike.

ArgoCat is offline   Reply With Quote

ark, boulder