Old 06-17-2014   #1
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Blasting at Twin Tunnels Clear Creek

Hey fellow Buzzards

Today I ran Chicago Creek to just past the Beaver's.

At approxmatly 4:15 pm just as we were passing Clear Creek Rafting, there was an explosion for the twin tunnels project, basically right at Mtn Lion.

As I understand the protocol, there are suppose warning horns and a flag man is supposed be station at Clear Creek Rafting durning blasting operations, for saftey.

There was NO WARNING !! There was no flag man at Clear Creek Rafting, we heard no warning horns. Had we put in just a few minutes earlier we would have been right at Mt Lion when the explosion occured.

Right after running Mtn. Lion we eddied out to recover a paddle. Durring the recovery ran into constrction crew members arrving on the scene for blast road clean up. They were shocked that we were in the area. They confirmed that there was to have been a river flag man, and expressed concern that there was not a flag man, and assured me that incident would be reported.

To me this a major saftey error. I will be expressing my concerns to CDOT tomorrow.

Paddle on

Shredder Scott
shredder-scott is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Topic Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
No more stopping for Twin Tunnels blasting Twin Tunnels Project Whitewater Rafting 0 06-05-2013 04:14 PM
Twin Tunnels project - changes to Clear Creek? spthomson River Access & Safety Alerts! 3 05-27-2013 05:18 PM
Twin Tunnels Construction Twin Tunnels Project River Access & Safety Alerts! 2 05-24-2013 10:02 AM
Rio Guadalupe Open at Gilman Tunnels WD7Z Whitewater Kayaking 0 04-29-2005 01:51 PM
Blasting bombing and River Closures on the Animas kayaker River Access & Safety Alerts! 17 03-22-2004 10:59 AM

» Classified Ads
Hala Atcha 86 w stompbox

posted by Rendezvous River Sports

kitchen dry box

posted by Johnny

I am selling a 44" long x 13.5" wide x 16" high aluminum...

Ski Boots Back Country

posted by zrafter

11 1/2 Asolo 3 pin all leather boots. Italian made . great...