Old 08-01-2009   #61

3, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Stupid people= Job security for those of us in emergency services.
Scotty V.

BUT: I believe in being responsible adults and the state shouldn't police everything. The law of natural selection says if you are stupid enough to get tanked and incopacitated (sp) while operating a boat...........your going to kill yourself.
I think you should be allowed to have a beer or two while on the river, but just drink responsibly. Duh!

Scottsfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009   #62

Ft Fun, Colorado
Paddling Since: 0001
dam this thread went back on a serious note...ok ill be serious even though its against my nature...i drink on the river as well as eveyone i boat with...do we get drunk out there...no...we do that while sitting around the campfire...i really havent run into any real drunk people while boating...we all have 2-4(depending on how long of a float it is and how much time between rapids)but no one get hammered...a guess the rule is to be smart about it...but anyway...did that guy in sc get caught having sex with the same horse...is there a repeat offenders law...how did he do it...a horse is kinda tall...you know thats why sheep are so popular cause a horse is too tall, a deer runs to fast, and the pigs will squeel on you...wow ive lived in too many small towns to know that...

NoCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009   #63

Thronton, Colorado
So I found the legistlation in another thread and read through the beginning parts, and the way I read it, only the person in physical control of the boat would fall under the legislation. Everyone else in the boat can be tanked if they so desire, as long as they don't physically control the boat (I'm coming from the perspective of my boat, an oar rig 14 raft). As soon as you put a paddle in your hand, you're considered "physically in control" I would assume. At that point, if an "officer" has reason to believe you're in violation, then you can be ticketed for BUI and asked to take a breathylizer. And if you're dead, they force you to take one. LOL

So back to my original question, it seems the law is slightly different than I thought it was for boats originally, and different than for cars. In a car, you're not allowed to have an open container (unless I am wrong on that too, which is certainly possible!), which is what I thought the original boat law was.

The good news, in relation to my original question, is that it seems as though as long as the person in conrtrol of the boat is also in control of his/her alcohol, the officers will probably not have cause to ticket you. Being resonable and having commons sense once again prevails.

And that means the legislation regarding making sure the captain has what he needs is still in effect, so passengers, make sure you keep said captain adequately hydrated! Pass me another beer please!
BoilermakerU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009   #64

Montrose, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
After reading through this thread I can't think of a better place to ask a bunch of buzzards the following question: What's a good name for my wife and my first child that was... conceived on the river while we were drunk this past June?
jwey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009   #65

Cisco, Utah
Paddling Since: Dawn
June
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009   #66

Montrose, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
June, River, Huck...
Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009   #67

Ft Fun, Colorado
huck and hope i hope he or she is a swimmer cause there is allot of water in front of him or her
Old 08-03-2009   #68

Ft Fun, Colorado
huck and hope

ok they are kinda ski names for me...it has to do with blind spots...huck them and hope your where you want to be...weve all done this paddling too...we huck some spots and hope we are where we wanted to be from our scout...congrats dude...just make sure you raise the kid to be a river bum as well...but what about that horse???did he have anything to do with this...i knew he should have had been wearing protection...did the dry bag break...does a horse wear a large or small dry bag???but anyways...congrats
Old 08-03-2009   #69

Thronton, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwey View Post
After reading through this thread I can't think of a better place to ask a bunch of buzzards the following question: What's a good name for my wife and my first child that was... conceived on the river while we were drunk this past June?
Which river?
BoilermakerU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009   #70
Dipshit with the most.

Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
Eddy

carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beer