Old 05-31-2009   #11

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Anyone know privately how to contact Dreamhouse owner? I would like to see about doing a dedicated wood flossing with the approach via his property through the end of the steeps. From steeps and lower I'd just try more traditional approaches.

Schizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009   #12

Englewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
Don't know him, but I've met the landowner at Four Falls a couple times - not sure if that is that same guy. He was nice, didn't like folks hiking in to fish off his land, but doesn't mind boaters portaging along his land as long as they don't leave trash and pee/poop there. I could see him going either way. Probably would depend a lot on how he was approached and what was asked of him.

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
- Soren Kierkegaard
Caspian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009   #13

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1984
I have a buddy that sat next to the dreamhouse owner on a flight a year or two ago. I'll ask him tonight if he happened to grab a business card.
El Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009   #14

Toyota pickup, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
i live down on the estebrook ranch that you float through after farmers union, and know both owners before four falls. not sure the owner on the riveerr right would be to crazy about it since the railroad grade actually goes thru her property and she has been putting the wood on the banks to prevent errosion and also scouting. these people can be very friendly but i have definitly seen both sides. the "dreamhome" owner is a decent man. all im can say is approach the matter very carefully. if you are looking for access through national forest then i would suggest using crossings there is a gate at the top but you can ride your bike the whole way to the river and it drops you out right below deer creek.
rollo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009   #15

hello all. just want to give any low-water bailey boaters another head's up for the wood. we were on there today at ~220 and we had to portage a river-wide log jam (yep - there are about 4 logs there now). it's below DC and the ghost town of Crossons, above mystery eddy. it's going to take more equipment than we had to remove the jam. there's enough flat water above it to see it, so you have enough time to eddy out on river L and portage. there's also a log below this that we were able to skirt far river R. hope this helps.

p.s. today, none of the other wood was a problem

H2Obug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bailey