Old 10-14-2015   #1
Oklahoma City, 73106
Paddling Since: 1985
Whitewater Park coming to Oklahoma City

The city of Oklahoma City is building a huge, dual channel "pumped" whitewater park, to be managed by the Oklahoma City Boathouse Foundation.
Here is a link to updated construction:

I recently moved to Oklahoma City to build the team of staff to operate the course. We are scheduled to open to the public in May 2016. We will run the rafting operation and kayak instruction operation very similar to most commercial outfitters without having to run shuttle basically. The course be class II - IV and will be completely variable, thus giving us ample opportunity to build great surfing waves and holes....right in downtown OKC. We're building a restaurant/bar and stage in the park.

Based on the possible guest attendance and through-put as well as the proforma, I will have plenty of raft guide and kayak instructor jobs for the 2016 season and beyond. I have planned for 3-4 salaried/management positions in raft and kayak departments that I'm now accepting applications and interviewing for in the coming months. My goal is to have the management team in place by late winter 2016.

I will also be seeking 15-25 veteran raft guides and 5-10 kayak instructors interested in guiding/teaching in Oklahoma City for 2016. We will start teaching raft guiding to locals as soon as we have water, but the park will need several skilled/veteran guides to bring the river culture to Oklahoma City and make this project the real deal. The citizens of OKC are fired up, so we need good people to deliver a killer experience.

If you have any interest and/or want to hear more about the project feel free to shoot me an email...
Dave Hepp

And here is a link to our website and career page:

Careers - Boathouse District

Thanks and please spread the word!! We'll be surfing in OKC soon...

Davehepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015   #2
Where ever the water is...., Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Send a message via AIM to peterholcombe
I grew up in OKC and have been keeping an eye on this project. Thanks for the update. FamAGoGo hopes to be there opening day.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
peterholcombe is offline   Reply With Quote