Old 07-24-2008   #31
Flame on. It never ceases to amaze me that RMA continually tries to post on this forum only to be bashed to oblivion, and rightfully so. I'm with Kevin thank you for making my day. Dave is a piece of work, and not the good kind. It's hard to run across someone in town that has a good story to tell about this guy or his company.

Brek for president!!!

hey diddle diddle...
lotsawater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008   #32
Web Developer/Programmer
Originally Posted by rchristianson View Post
Yeah, I shop NRS all the time. I usually get the free shipping coupon for my next order along with my current order. I didn't think they would want that promotion given out to everyone. If they did, why not just call it all free shipping.
It makes you feel special and helps build customer loyalty. Anything that gets people ordering from them will make them happy.

Damn I Look Good.
l-dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008   #33
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Don't they say there is no such thing as bad press, a whole lotta people know about RMA because they get bashed. unfortunately (the 'know' part, not the 'bashed' part!)
kiwi si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008   #34
Send a message via AIM to AdrenalineRush Send a message via Yahoo to AdrenalineRush
Originally Posted by Randaddy View Post
Who's your dad? Darth Vader?
no, i am sadly neither luke nor princess leia.

although that would be pretty cool
There's a thin line between passion and obsession...I live it
AdrenalineRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #35
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1965
Originally Posted by Randaddy View Post
The photo doesn't keep coming up. It's part of the internets now. It is up. It's a part of history. I tried defending the guide on here before and these hippies crushed my spirit so bad that I'm going to get that picture tattooed on my chest.

Nobody is saying anything about RMA's lines here... I'm just saying that Dave always asks way too much for rubber. He'll price a $1300 ducky that he got for $1000 5 years ago at $1250. That's not supporting the local boating community, it's insulting them.
The nerve of those capitalist running dogs at RMA for trying to buy low and sell high. I can't believe they are trying to make a (dare I say it?) "profit" and continue to outlast shops who couldn't. Have you noticed how many sporting goods stores have either stopped carrying paddling gear or just plain closed their doors?

Let me see - that would make the customer's options:
1) Whine about it on the Buzz (check)
2) Shop around for a better price on a similarly worn used boat
3) Wait till the ridiculously priced $1250 boat doesn't sell and offer $750 for it. What a concept - a "market economy".

Regarding "tips", IMHO the guides who get tips are the ones who put on a good show, keep 'em wet when it's hot, warm when it's cold, and can scare the crap out of their customers without actually injuring any of them.

*Not affiliated with any rafting company or store!*

Happy paddling!

rivrrunr is offline   Reply With Quote