Old 04-17-2006   #1
River Rescue

This clinic is all kayakers, canoeist, rafters and duckie captains.
Somewhere, at sometime you will wish you knew what to do in a river emergency. Just rescuing gear can turn into a nightmare, never mind rescuing a person. Quick response time and the knowledge to set up a rescue safely are skills you should have as a boater. Make this the year to bring your rescue skills to a higher level. Friends owe it to friends to be capable of river rescue. All rescue equipment is provided. Boating gear may be rented. Kayakers must be of Class II-III ability. Rescue lifejackets are considered personal equipment and are highly recommended. This clinic qualifies as an ACA sanction course. Please see page 13 for information on the ACA. Day 1 Introduction, equipment needed for rescues, how to handle a rescue situation, equipment vs life, lunch (provided), throw bag rescues, tow systems, swimmer/boat/paddle, walking in rapids, unconscious swimmer rescue, anchors, Z-Drags, and floating platform rescue Day 2 Bridge abutment rescue, unwrapping a kayak/raft, vertical pins, ankle entrapment, lunch (provided), mock rescues, test, and rescue evaluation.

Apr 22 - Apr 23, 06
Jul 22 - Jul 23, 06

Cost: $239.00
Gear Rental Package: $40.00

boc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006   #2
McCall, Idaho
Send a message via AIM to wwswampgirl
River Rescue

Hey boc123, could you give me some more info on the course. Where is it and who do I contact for the July course? I'd like to go. Need an update for sure. Thanx.

wwswampgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006   #3
fabricator/rubber pusher
BOC123, what is the small class size? what is the large class size? what instructor to participant ratio? at 239.00, im also curios as to the duration. ACA? 1 day? 2 day? ESWR? SWR?ASWR?

Im in the wrong buisness..............

i hope i have had a bad day, or something. but i am super un-impressed. at profit VS.saftey.

i've been teaching for years, and its just enough to get back home, and by a sixer of PBR.

best of luck bro.......

hey man, your tethers showing....
-Expedition rental equipment-
RIORESIDENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006   #4
More info?

do you have more information on this course such as location, times, etc..thanks
millerlukec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006   #5
Go to for more info on the trips. They are often held in Glenwood Springs area and in front range dependent on flow levels.
thedude1683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006   #6
I am the head instructor for this class. The curriculum is ACA with most of the emphasis on kayaking but easily adapted for rafters. The class is two days for everyone and an additional two days for those who want to teach swiftwater rescue. Day one is primarily hard skill development (swimming, roping, rigging, etc.). Day two is soft skill development (decision making and scenario management). As for minimum and maximum class size, it depends. Generally, all of our classes have a maximun of six students per instructor. For this class, however, we sometimes go bigger if people are signed up for the instructor class because the prospective instructors can assist with the general class. I have never pushed this exception to more than ten so you are still getting quality instuctor exposure. An added bonus is that we feed you a sweet lunch both days.
I am very proud of this class and obvously think you should take it. However, the skills are important enough that you should take a class somewhere, even if you can't fit with our schedule.

ttuff is offline   Reply With Quote