Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > Commercial Posts

Old 02-24-2010   #21
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
Don you are straight up dbag extreme! So you know shred ready has composite shells and plastic helmets to and not to mention a snap in chin on their cheap fullface so so so safe!

please I feel 100 percent safer in a predator than a shred ready maybe cause My shred readys never lasted what they should have and so you know shred ready mostly built for style not safety because style is why you like them and buy them when you first get into it. At least predator isn't trying to pass that off as safety. And from somebody who sports predator it may not be top of the line but neither is any other helmet on the market unless it fits your head! And so we all know how plastic works. Plastic gives and doesn't crack unlike composite shells which also weaken when and after damaged. Plastic doesn't make it less effective but usually more. How long have those bright orange helmets been around that most of you oldies still wear? I say don you should shut the fuck up and quit giving the business man a hard time. He's a boater 2 sorry your tradeship isn't going to make you rich but don't fight over the business that is out there you look like a 12 yearold selling those worlds shittiest chocolate bars! Have a good day all from south face big sky

caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010   #22
Hey Caspermike, Tom here from Shred Ready and we I have never tried to pass anything off. I am am personally offended that you think that. Our helmets exceed my leaps and bound the certifcation for whitewater helmets.
I hope your not bashing my companies name with your anger towards Don and his statments about predator. If you have an issue with any of our products I welcome you to contact us (tom@shredready.com)
Shred Ready could pass the tests with cheaper materials (i.e. eva foam) and thinner foams but choose to use better materials in our helmets (VN, EPP) virgin ABS plastic, Kevlar. In our composite and carbon helmets we the entire shell has layers of each material,,not just in places where the consumer can see it! Stainless strap hangers so the holes in webbing don't fray and come loose over time.

Take Care
tom sherburne
Shred Ready

shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010   #23
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
Language not My cup of tea just that the safety factor for either helmet is equal to a certain degree of punishment. which most people are always in those boundaries. Not bashing shred ready entirely just not a happy purchaser. Have enough money that didn't feel like calling and complaining about the product because the defect was My fault exactly what to expect its a helmet took a temple blast one day that put me in serious daze and just to close chin knocks to continue wearing the style. As for don yeah kinda pulled the 12 yearold candy salesman for a while. Nothing bad with shreadready just nothing really worthy of bashing another company for either. My bad tom keep shreading
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010   #24
Logan, Salt Lake, Utah
Paddling Since: 2002
Keep up the good work man, the industry needs folks like you selling stuff to keep us around. I agree that Don should think about what he is saying before he speaks. While I don't like predator helmets, one of my closest friends does, and that suits him just fine.
Do you sell other helmets that you custom airbrush?
b_liner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010   #25
Fredericksburg, Virginia
B Liner. I will airbrush any helmet for 39.99. If you want to send one in I will do the same for 39.99+shipping back. While I wish I could say I do sell other helmets at the current time, I do not. I have tried numerous times to get on board with both Shred Ready and Sweet and due to the fact that Sweet & Shred Ready only want to sell to brick and mortar shops they are unwilling at the current time to let me stock their products. I am an online store however I am able to demo boats and gear in Fredericksburg and they know I am more than willing to follow inline with MAP pricing or MSRP but as of today I still do not have their helmets in my quiver. I would like to have some Sweet and Shready Ready to sell
JonnyHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010   #26
Fredericksburg, Virginia
WRSI has agreed! I will be getting in the new line of 2010 helmets very soon. The new limited camo line has only a 100 pieces of each being made. I will have the helmets and prices up on the site as soon as they arrive.

JonnyHawk is offline   Reply With Quote

predator kayak helmets