Old 02-19-2010   #51
Front Range, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
Hey Arne, make sure you post a video of a raft surviving a C4 explosion, but before you do let Werner know that you are setting up the test. They might be interested in splitting the cost of the explosives.

"Our Performance Core Whitewater line combines our most advanced designs, features and technology to offer you Ultimate Paddle Performance™. Construction includes our Performance Core blade design, quality carbon weave material, impact resistant Kevlar™ and tough Dynel™ edging. All of our paddles are carefully handcrafted in Sultan, Washington where we produce the lightest, strongest whitewater paddles available-rightfully known as bomber!"

It's marketing bro, do you bash on McDonald's for claiming to have America's Favorite Fries?

nmalozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010   #52
Donkey Town, Colorado
"It's marketing bro, do you bash on McDonald's for claiming to have America's favorite fries"

Yeah I know what marketing is broham and I'm not bashing, jus saying you don't see black diamond or alien saying their cams are bomber or bomb proof, and to a newbie rafter/paddler it could be misleading. Guess that's my business degrees talking, like I said can't wait to see some reviews and see em on the water! Best of Luck-G

jimr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010   #53
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Actually, it's not "marketing," it's HYPE. Take it from a guy who wrestles with that distinction when writing ad copy.
You can never step into the same river; for new waters are always flowing on to you. - Heraclitus of Ephesus
DurangoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010   #54
Logan, Salt Lake, Utah
Paddling Since: 2002
Not quite C4, but the newly constructed Howard's hole on the Jordan River had something to say about our 9.5' boat. Check out the video of us surfing last week on the Jordan! Its also on our blog at

Also, just put in a manufacturing order today of 10 new boats, getting some IK's, 12' boats, and others. Spring is on it's way!
b_liner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010   #55
The Russian
SLC, Utah
Paddling Since: 2005
How much are your IKs? And what are the dimensions on those and material? Any info online yet?
kazak4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010   #56
Any plans for cat tubes??
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010   #57
Logan, Salt Lake, Utah
Cat Tubes and IK's are something we are working on right now, and should have out in the next few weeks or so. I will post something in here when we put the pages on our website. As far as the IK's go, we will offer both PVC and Hypalon. The PVC boats are going to be pretty inexpensive, around what I have seen used IK's going for. Most of the Cat Tubes will be hypalon, unless we get a special order.
Old 02-27-2010   #58
Logan, Salt Lake, Utah
If you are in Utah, come out to play on the Jordan River today! We are meeting at 2 pm at the Jordan River play park (7700 south and the east side of the Jordan River) to surf the hole and to hang out. We will have pizza, drinks and hot chocolate, so come on down and have some fun!
Old 03-01-2010   #59
Salt Lake City, Utah
Nice Boats

I stopped by and said hi to the Big Water folks. I checked out the little "mini-me" type raft. Looks to be a very nice product. Very well constructed. Certainly seems to be a bomber boat. You can't go wrong with local. I'd rather deal with these guys than an outfit overseas.

Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010   #60
santa fe, New Mexico
Paddling Since: 2000
I must say, I just put my 50% down. Thanks Arne. Could this little venture go belly up? Sure! But, if you don't get in... Thats your loss. I looked at Hyside/NRS websites and both sport boats with the "1670-1680 denier" rating. I'm no chemical engineer but this is the standard that they are using to leavy the consumer so... I think the material will be just as good as a Hyside or a NRS. Yes time is the standard with which one can measure the success of a raft as well as a company, but even Hyside and NRS had to start somewhere. I say bravo for them willing to venture out in such tough times. Randaddy... maybe they have some bigger balls than you, seems like you may have a little bit of a Nepolian syndrome going on. Just a thought.

hnaymd is offline   Reply With Quote