Old 08-20-2011   #1
Carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1982
Need to Rent Small Horsepower Boat

I am writing about and photographing 16 rivers around the SW for the National Geographic Society. In particular, I need to rent a small motor boat and trailer to put in at Halls Crossing Marina and motor down to the San Juan River arm of Lake Powell. Once there I have a half dozen historical photographs of that once free flowing river. I will find the exact location of the photographer's stations from the 1920s, and take a repeat photograph for each. National Geographic and other foundations will help me publicize these "repeat" (or then and now) photographs online, through a book, and possibly on billboards throughout the Southwest.

I am accustomed to singlehanding large and small motor boats and have already spent time alone on Lake Powell on a borrowed sport boat. Can leave a deposit for boat too. Any help would be most appreciated. Would like to spend 3-6 days on Powell sometime before October.
jonwaterman is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Topic Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Creek Boat for Rent near Bozeman,MT?? arokosch Kayaking | Trip Planner 1 05-16-2011 07:34 PM
Maine - anywhere to rent a boat? Meng Whitewater Kayaking 13 09-22-2008 08:56 PM
Creek boat for small paddler ripdam Betty Buzz 12 04-14-2007 08:39 AM
Denver University pool questions - small person's boat demo anne_colorado Whitewater Kayaking 2 02-25-2007 05:12 PM
Best boat for the Grand Canyon for a small paddler? 130 lbs Parkito Whitewater Kayaking 1 09-19-2005 11:41 AM

» Classified Ads
2016 Demo Glide Sesh 7'...

posted by 4CRS

This is a used Glide 7' Sesh River Surfer Stand Up...

Kokatat Dry Suit small

posted by peg2016

Kokatat dry suit small.Excellent condition with new...

2016 Demo Boardworks...

posted by 4CRS

This is a used Boardworks Shubu Sport 10'6" Inflatable...