Old 03-15-2011   #1
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1985
Youth River Program

Hello fellow Buzards,

I'm hitting you up for money but it's for a good cause!

I'm 50% of the way towards my goal of getting 10 kids out on the river this summer for outdoor education and environmental awareness.

GOALS (Get Outside And Learn Something) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to inspire exploration in youth through multi-day wilderness river trips. Their well-designed curriculum for kids between 5th-12th grade utilizes desert river canyons to teach kids about healthy risk taking, teamwork, overcoming challenges, and an array of academic subjects.

The premise of "Get Up, Get Down, Get Out" vertical challenge event is
I will ski no less than 10,000 vertical (not super hard, but it's something!) feet at Loveland Ski Area on March 19th, 2011. Between now and the event (5 days away!!), I'm seeking financial pledges from people who recognize the value of outdoor programs for youth. At the end of what promises to be a fun exciting day,
by getting UP and DOWN the mountain,I will have raised the funds needed to get kids outdoors through GOALS multi-day wilderness river programs.

If you recognize the value in getting kids unplugged and outdoors and fostering a lifelong love of the environment and the river please use the link below to make a donation.

Even 5 or 10 bucks will really help get these kids into the outdoors.

~Matt aka Rapid Resolver

To Donate go to the link below:

To find out more info about GOALS please visit:

Rapid Resolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011   #2
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 2009
sent you some chedder
Lin3Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote