Old 03-11-2015   #1
Yellow Pine Area Flow Beta

Hey guys,

I'm meeting up with some friends to do a SF salmon trip launching July 2nd. Before I get there, I plan on hitting the payettes for a few days then yellow pine to run goat creek and EFSF around June 29-July 1. I know it's still early and we have march and april to go, but after looking at the snowpack in the area, I'm starting to worry that there won't be any flow for either of these runs. I have the historic data for other shitty years, but was wondering what the minimums are for these two runs? I'm ok if it's low, I just don't want to leave fun runs on the payettes only to get skunked out there. Thanks in advance!

paulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015   #2
SLC, Utah
I have done Goat Creek twice at around 4 on the Krassel gage and that is bony in spots but still fun and super pretty. I have also done it at around 4.75 and it is really fun at that level.

EFSF is not to be missed. Great run that seems equally fantastic from 4 to 4.75 (levels that I have done - Krassel gage). I can't oversell this run. Fantastic.

My opinion is if you have anything close to 4 and over, get in there. It is an amazing place.

ballen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015   #3
Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1989
I've run EFSF as low as 450cfs on the Johnson Creek gauge. In a cat. It was bony, but still really fun. I'm sure you could run it quite a bit lower than that in a kayak, but it will lose its punch. Confluence rapid is tough to squeeze through at that flow and I'm not sure I'd do it again that low. I suspect you may have flows in that range in early July, but it's hard to tell this soon. I'll probably be there for July 4th if I think I can fit my boat down the EFSF.
jmcdannel is offline   Reply With Quote