Old 06-10-2013   #1
Edwards, Colorado
Yampa, Eagle, Colorado day trip

So I am looking for a nice day trip (16' party barge) on either the Lower Eagle, Yampa or Colorado river. Ive done the Upper C from Pumphouse and the flows right now are not ideal so I am considering going from Statebridge or Catamount. I have also been kayaking and paddle rafting the upper and middle sections of the Eagle and want something a little more mellow. So I am interested in information on possible easy-ish daytrips on the Yampa near Steamboat or on the Lower Eagle from Eagle to Dotsero? I have found lots of info on the Upper C sections but cant seem to find much on the other 2. I would prefer class II and float trip sort of water, but a small class III section could be fun too. Thanks in advance.

webstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013   #2
Outdoor Recreation
Silt, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Information on the lower Eagle River

The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Colorado River Valley Field Office (CRVFO) has a website for the lower Eagle River.

Go to:
BLM Colorado | Colorado River Valley Field Office | Recreation | Lower Eagle River

From Eagle to Dotsero, you are only looking at Class II water below the rock dam hazard.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to call the BLM at (970) 876-9000.
BLM_CRVFO is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off