Old 03-08-2015   #1
Nashville, Tennessee
Paddling Since: 2011
Visiting Buena Vista

Hey there-

I'm visiting Buena Vista 6/21-6/24 to do some paddling. I am looking to get hooked up with a group of paddlers while I am there as to not paddle by myself- plus it's always more interesting with a group of people.

I currently live in TN and am a III/IV paddler. Been on rivers the likes of the Ocoee, Nantahala, Big South Fork and a number of others.

Some runs I had in mind from researching online would be Browns Canyon and the Upper Taylor but am certainly open for whatever as it will be all new to me!

Hope to hear back!

freudenbergj07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015   #2
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
There will be lots of people to paddle with in June in BV. Go to CKS, the Roastery, the play park, etc. and you will find like-minded river scum.

tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015   #3
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Yep. Shouldn't be any shortage of people to boat with. If you post back here at that time of year there is a good chance I will paddle with you.
GARNA’s mission is to foster stewardship of the resources of the greater Arkansas River region through education, volunteerism and experiences.
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015   #4
Montrose, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
That is peak season for most rivers in our neck of the woods. We have a good group of paddlers that does the Taylor alot, and would gladly show you the lines. Upper Taylor is one of the best class III-IV runs on the western slope of Colorado, period. Hook up with Logan for the Arkansas for the best runs. Keep my contact # handy before you come, Gunther at 970-497-6512. Hope your plans work out, will be a great river memory!!
gunnerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015   #5
Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
It's true. Plenty of us will be around and just about anyone I'm sure will be happy to take you down our favorite lines. As imyers said, posting here at the time and hanging around CKS will probably be your best bet.

Please take a look at my Photo Web Gallery.
I also have here some gear reviews (that I might update soon).
rivervibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015   #6
Nashville, Tennessee
Paddling Since: 2011
Appreciate it

Hey guys-

I appreciate all the quick replies and insight! I'll repost closer to the time of the trip - Gunther, I'll give you a buzz when I'm in the area.

freudenbergj07 is offline   Reply With Quote

buena vista