Old 09-01-2009   #1
BZN, Montana
Paddling Since: 2008
Upcoming camping/boating/hiking plans

I'm trying to figure out a good camping overnight trip. It can include boating or hiking. Just looking to get out and spend the night under the stars. Thinking about doing some version of car camping along the pumphouse section, I just don't know how slow it will be. The lowest I've paddled it is about 2k, which I find still worthwhile. I've heard there are hotsprings which come out at lower flows, I'm wondering if these will be good to go, or still too high for them.

Another idea I've been bouncing around is the colorado trail starting in waterton canyon. I can spend the night on the trail and get a quick run in after I've finished the hiking, assuming I have any energy left.

Also up to other ideas. Only play boats, so camping on the river options are limited. Trying to keep it in a 2 hour distance of Denver. Anyone with some good overnight hiking sections feel free to chime in. For hiking I like scenic and preferably secluded. I understand the waterton section of the CT isn't exactly a solo experience, but it is close.

glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009   #2
Denver,, exhaustion
Glen, Ryan and I are planning a weekend trip (out Sat back Sun or Mon) and were thinking along the same line, ie pumphouse and/or lower blue. maybe one then camping out then the other the next day. If youRe looking for a nice overnihjt backpacking trip check out gibson lake. .........oh yeah .....and on your other recent post... demo demo demo.... sorry couldn't help it.
adgeiser is offline   Reply With Quote