Closed Thread
Old 02-23-2009   #41
Little Village, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Originally Posted by Hunter7057 View Post
Are you trying to equate yourself to a lion or buzzard?
Nah, man, I'm the poor bastard who has to call your wife to tell her there are are a some bleached bones to claim 'cause the lions and buzzards did a real thorough job on you.

The good news for me? Your wife is kinda cute.

Uh, I'm just gonna go find a cash machine.
Old 02-23-2009   #42
Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Originally Posted by Hunter7057 View Post
Nice to see the forum full of such narrow minded my way or the highway people. I guess the requirement to be open minded and tolerant only applies to people other then yourselves.
Hunter, thank you for your comments. It's always interesting to hear from people with a slightly different mindset. Perhaps I can shed some light on some of the beliefs and attitudes of those who have replied by outlining a few main issues here:

1. We're not talking about transportation issues from cars, motorcycles, trains, etc. My car does not pollute in the way your boat does. We are talking about jet boats on an endangered river, spewing pollution into one of the most fragile environments on earth. Most of us advocate Leave No Trace, not "leave no trace but fumes, fuel, and high impact on wildlife!"

2. Jet boats are gay. You love balls in your face if you operate one. Man up and grab some oars.

3. Just to reiterate, if you like running jet boats down a fragile river corridor, then you definitely love having hairy balls right on your chin.

4. Your wife is hot.

Old 02-23-2009   #43
Moses Lake, Washington
Paddling Since: 83
I guess those last two posts were meant to be funny. They are marginally funny. If they were meant to be insulting they are pretty pathetic attempts. LOL

Lets see, ten jet boats a year running down a muddy river enclosed by rock walls. Fragile sure I will buy into that one. One flood does more damage to the river banks then a thousand jet boats.

I have never had balls on my chin hairy or otherwise. Such colorful description could only come from one with first hand experience. Don't worry "dude" I support your right to be that way.
Old 02-23-2009   #44
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
I really didn't want to get into this one, but floods are a natural event that actually restore sediment deposits for back-channels that native fish use. They clean and renew beaches. And you are right about one thing, there is erosion. But how did the canyons get there in the first place... oh yeah, millions of years of erosion.
Old 02-23-2009   #45
Palisade, Colorado
how do you guys know that Hunter's wife is hot? Hunter, can you post some pictures?

as far as jetboats: There IS a more established history/culture of running jetboats in the NW. I'm not going to go join the forum and preach the no-motor word, but I will try to prevent that scene from the rivers aound here...
Old 02-23-2009   #46
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
haha that was pretty dam funny to me, so jet boaters dont like coffee cause they would rather be T_Bagged lol
I think Randaddy or riparian (forgive if incorrect)said it best, you dont see kayaker or rafters going on to the power boat sites promoting paddle sports... Get a clue ! no one says you cant gas up your local lake heck its already polluted so keep it there and out of our rivers.
Old 02-23-2009   #47
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Thread closed

OK everyone, This started off innocently enough and has gotten out of hand sooo... the thread's closed because some Buzzards can't refrain from 8th grade-style personal attacks. If you couldn't say it to a stranger in a bar without starting a fight, don't post it here. Go look at the seldom-enforced user agreement you agreed to by joining if you want to raise a stink about it.

Everyone take a few deep breaths and lets let this one fade into the past. MountianBuzzards don't care for jetboats in general any more than jet boaters probably don't care for folks telling them they should hang up their motors.

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Closed Thread