Old 06-28-2008   #11
Silverdale, Washington
Paddling Since: 2007
Don't sweat it. It looks like I won't be able to make it after all. Which totally blows, since I am running out of timeframes when I can schedule a trip out there.

CO_Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008   #12
leadville, Colorado
Paddling Since: 07

we are running the taylor tomorrow. we are leaving b.v. around 11.

leadsparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008   #13
Alma, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
How was it?

Hey Logan,
I'm heading down to Gunnison this week and I'd like to hear how the Taylor was. Have you done any runs on the Gunnison? Anything you think I'd be ready for? When I know what day we're going I'll let you know.
rbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008   #14
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Originally Posted by rbol View Post
Hey Logan,
I'm heading down to Gunnison this week and I'd like to hear how the Taylor was. Have you done any runs on the Gunnison? Anything you think I'd be ready for? When I know what day we're going I'll let you know.
The Taylor was great! Had my first swim of the year, shouldn't have, but I was screwing around watching the duckier behind me and went into a series of holes with no momentum. Ended up on the wrong side for my roll, and couldn't get rotated, pissed me off more than anything. We ran from below the Slot to South Bank, and the run seemed a little short. Holy Miroli looked a little big for me, but next time I think I will put in near lodgepole and run to southbank. I will probably come back over in July if you are interested.
You could run Almont to Gunni whitewater park without a problem. The run from Gunni to Blue Mesa is supposed to have one class III drop, you could do the run with a quick scout or portage.
Let me know when, I might be interested - especially if we can do a run on the Lake Fork...
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008   #15
God Amongst Men
Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
the run between lodgepole and the new gen put in sucks. its private property, theres lots of man made intrusions (low bridges, fish/check dams, wood, t-posts, tarps, etc) and the overall quality is very low. do yourself a favor and run from lottis staircase/corner pocket down to lodgepole, shuttle, and then do the upper.

Almont to the WW Park is fun but its a long float, takes most of a day. Good way to tack on mileage.

The run from the WWP down is broken up into two runs, the WWP to McCabes Lane section (Description) and the McCabes to Blue Mesa section. the lower section to the lake is flat with a bunch of sketchy wood piles and weird meandery currents. Run from North Bridge/Garlic Mikes down to McCabes for the best time, Psychadelic is an easy III- diversion structure with three easy holes to punch.

Hit me up when you guys come back, I will come paddle with you. I would have joined you this weekend but had other arrangements already. Would love to run the Taylor and/or anything else, give me a shout. Good chance the Lake Fork will hold out for a while!

"Don't f$&@ing eddy out, just run it! Whaddya doin??" -LMyers
yetigonecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote