Old 02-27-2008   #1
Winter Park, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Tag along?

Hello everyone,

I've recently migrated to CO from the east coast, and am dying to tag along on some trips to get a feel for these western rivers, particularly multi-day trips.

I'm an experienced paddler, and own two kayaks, a solo WW canoe and a tandem tripping canoe. Unfortunately I don't have a raft yet, but if I try this out and love it like I think I will, I'll probably pick up an oar rig this spring/summer. I have guided paddle rafts back east, so I do have experience pushing rubber.

Basically I'm looking to hop on any trip I can get! I just want to get to know the rivers and the paddling community out here. Am happy to contribute to the trip any way I can as a secondary rower/paddler, humping gear, etc.

Let me know if you wouldn't mind having someone tag along on your trip!

iplayoutside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008   #2
Icebox, Colorado
Paddling Since: 98
The river

Hey Chris,
I see you live in the park... I am planning on being on the river alot this year. Dolores in may is the first real multi day trip to kick everything off..might hit the upper C and the Fraser w/ duckies before that. My roomate and i have 13 ft oar/paddle rigs and plan to be out there a ton.. give me a call... 970-531-7291

grandyoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008   #3
Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
If you want to kayak or raft the Ark give me a ring, I'm in Canon City and have summers off. I plan on doing a couple of multi days this summer Delores, some on the CO and possibly a top to bottom Ark run.
Corey 719-205-2593
ccombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008   #4
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 93
Once the season really begins, it is easy to just show up at any run on the Ark and find other boaters to go with. Weekends on Browns can be a little crowded at peak times, but it has never bothered me much. There is a local club that meets at 5pm on Wednesdays at the Gazebo in the town park, by the river, that you can hook up with too. That and a lot of us locals do a after work runs on Numbers and Pine Creek, daily. So just come on down and make your self at home.
Snowhere is offline   Reply With Quote