Old 06-14-2008   #1
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Sunday 6/15 - Lower South Boulder Creek

Last minute post... Anyone game for Lower South Boulder? Maybe we can get a shuttle bunny? Looks like LSB is good to go at 300. I can boat any time of day.

(970) 393-2783

JHimick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008   #2
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I'm definitely would be my first time down that stretch. I could paddle any time as well. Drew J. 9706929488

funkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008   #3
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Send a message via AIM to craven_morhead
I might be up for it; got on it 3 weeks ago or so and it was fun. Give me a call. 574-386-8888.
craven_morhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008   #4
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Send a message via AIM to wnccreeker
We did it right when it dropped to that level yesterday, its pretty bumpy in spots. On the class IV after the brain its kind of hard to avoid rocks cause they're all slightly below the surface. Everything below the last class V is good fun. The bottom sections is still way better than it generally is supposed to be.
Other than that, you have to seal launch the last class V. Moist slot doesn't feed into the sieve nearly as bad which is nice. There's one spot with some new wood, river wide tree, go left through an eddy I kind of broke some branches off so you can duck through, its awkward, but basically flat water so no big deal. The tree that you had to boof over before seems to have gotten dislodged and moved downstream. Its now on top of the water, but the tree ends leaving a space on the left to get through. Oh, and there's an undercut right below the brain on river left. You have to kind of squint a little and twist your head to tell that it's undercut, its all slightly under water but it'll suck you in. Probably something that should be added to the eddy flower page.
Have a good time on it.
wnccreeker is offline   Reply With Quote

boulder, boulder creek