Mountain Buzz banner

Summit Co

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ednaout 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey there,
I'll be in the Summit Co area tomorrow, 5/22, all and day and want to paddle something. I have run the lower blue (which is too low) paddled Sho a bunch. Anyone that might want to meet up to paddle something, please, let me know. I am a solid class III with a good roll and good brace. I'm not afraid to walk something if its too much for me so if 10 mile is running I would be really excited to see something new. I am not opposed to paddling sho....but would rather hit something else.

Get in touch!
ednaout@yahoo.com
Beth

#2 ·
You know the upper blue would probably be right up your alley, its pretty much 3 just a bit more continuous than sho. Despite what the gauge says it is running right now from some feeder creeks downstream of the gauge. I would hit it up with you, but I think I am heading for some creeking. Might want to check in at 10 mile creek kayaks and frisco, usually someone is hanging around that would paddle. Have fun.... oh yeah and there are a few trees down below the rapids, all of which can be skirted, the worst one is right before the take out and can be skirted in the shallows on the right side.

#3 ·
Thanks for the info, I looked it up and that does, actually, sound like a good run for me. Do you mean that the gauge is off or that it can be run at what is reads, which is 161, which seems pretty low. Colorado Creeks and Rivers talks about it at 600....161 isn't too scrapy?
I will be sure to check in at 10 mile kayaks. I have some other stuff to take care of so hopefully between now and tomorrow afternoon, a plan will come together. Thanks again. Let me know if you change your mind and want to run it.

Beth

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.