Old 06-25-2013   #1
Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
Steamboat play park?

This might be better suited for the Boater's Forum, but....

July 4th weekend a group of us are heading up to Steamboat. The group wants to do a lazy tube float. I have no idea where they are planning this, and I have a sneaking suspicion its not going to be as mellow and beer friendly as they are hoping but hey, not my issue. I'm planning on joining the float, however, with a little research I've found that Steamboat has a whitewater park in it as well? I've also seen that the usual tube float path takes you through the park? So of course I am interested in bringing my newly acquired playboat up there and trying to get some play time in.

My questions are, will the playpark still be worth hauling my kayak from Fort Collins to steamboat? And is there a good chance they are planning on floating right through the play park as well? Or is there some other lazy part of the river that is popular for floaters? If that's the case, I might not even take the kayak if it means having to leave the group for the day.

mattoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013   #2
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
the tube float goes right through town. HOPING there is still enough h2o to tube! WHITEWATER Play park is a generous title for what is there this time of year. Have fun. You will see tubes, inflatable air matresses, all kinds

cjising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013   #3
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
it is very low for any craft, but it definitely goes. dropping quick
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On