Old 12-26-2012   #1
Longmont, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Spots open for a GC family trip May 2013

Hi all,

We have a Grand Canyon private trip permit and are looking for a family with 12 to 14 year old kids, to fill spots we have open. My wife and I will be taking our 12-year-old daughter on her first Grand Canyon trip, and are looking for a another family to go with us.

We launch Tuesday May 28, 2013.

If you and your kid…
  • Have multi-day whitewater raft trip experience
  • Love camping enough that you will do it for 18 days in hot conditions with a smile on your face
  • Love camp chores
  • Love the Grand Canyon

then, we can talk.

We will give priority to boaters
  • with Grand Canyon or big water experience
  • who live in Colorado so we can meet you
  • who would be safety kayakers for a family trip.
Estimated per person cost including meals, raft and equipment rental and shuttle is $1000 per person (cost could go down depending on actual rental needs). All on river costs and camp chores will be shared by the group. A $300 per person deposit is needed to hold your spot once we approve you. Travel to and from your home to the river is not included and you’ll need to bring your own camp outfit and a dry bag to hold it.

If this sounds like your kind of trip, then please send information about yourself and your kid - including you and your kid’s river experience. Let us know what you can bring to the trip (how would you be productive members of our trip…can you plan menus, cook, row, play music, tell us about the geology, help with organization, administer first aid?

Kayaks and IKs are welcome. too.

A bit about us...this is our (my wife and I) second canyon trip down the grand. We have done many trips on the Green, Yampa, Colorado, and San Jaun. We are light drinkers, non-smokers, laid back and easy going. Our daughter has been rafting for the the past 5 years, and started kayaking last year. Her hobbies include horseback riding, Taekwondo (black belt), kayaking, drawing, and music. Our other participants have rowed down the canyon many times.

We look forward to hearing from you.

ps... yes I did plagiarizer portions of this post from an early posting.

muttster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #2
Sebastopol, California

...that you used my format for looking for trip participants. Hope you find great folks to boat with and have a splendid trip!

Mark Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #3
Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1997

My daughters are 9 and 11. Not quite ready for the GC, but it's on our list for a few years from now. I'm looking forward to your trip report.
MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #4
Longmont, Colorado
Thanks all... we have filled all our spots.
Old 03-05-2013   #5
Longmont, Colorado
1 spot available for May 28th launch.

I have one more opening for a captain with boat and gear. We have a great mixed group already, and would like 1 more boat to help distribute the load.

PM me if you are interested, and we can set up a time to talk.