Southern Oregon - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-27-2016   #1

Buena Vista, Colorado
Southern Oregon

Just moved out to Ashland, OR. Looking for some boating friends in the region. Class V to I just want to get on the water. Got a raft and plenty of kayaks so hit me up. Or if you know anyone in the area, feel free to pass along the information for me.

Thanks,
jbluck@gmail.com
Ben Luck

Upsidedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2016   #2

Salem, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2005
Welcome to Oregon!

I actually live in Salem, but have been looking for a time to get south and hit the Upper Klamath. Summer is running short, but I hear that there is still water there

I'm somewhat new into the sport myself, getting serious about it for only a year or so now, though I have been paddling off and on for about 8-10 years. Ever since I got married.... the wife's family introduced me to the sport on the Rogue.

Since then, I've paddled just a hand full of the other Oregon rivers; Clackamas, North Umpqua, Rogue, and Santiam (also White Salmon but that is in WA). Like I say, I've got my sights set on the Upper K next. I'm not one of the guys who gets all ego driven about his paddling level, so I'd say I'm about a III+, and trying hard to work up. I've got a 14' Super Duper Puma, and a 16' Aire boat as well. (The 16'er is actually my Father-in-Law's but it lives in my garage, so I use it when I want )

If you want to get out on the water some time, drop me a line and I'll see what I've got on the schedule.

Uriah
UriahJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016   #3

Mrytlepoint, Oregon
Hey man I sent I you message

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
Lonekayaker13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2016   #4

Bisters, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2002
Ashland is awesome! Spent some time there this spring. You gotta check out the Illinois and the Upper Chetco! Super easy to get to all the Nor Cal goods too. I can only imagine living there to be fantastic, good onya!

jmacn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016   #5

Ashlandistan, Oregon
Ben,
I just sent you an email. Welcome to town!
solboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016   #6

Mrytlepoint, Oregon
Southern Oregon

I'm new to south Oregon to I'm near myrtle point / coos Bay Area but I been trucken it over to the umpqua . Deff need some new ppl to meet and run the rivers with send me a message !

Old 07-30-2016   #7

Roseburg, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2012
Anyone up for something in the next few days or this weekend? Id like to get on a Cat 3 in my kayak. Was thinking of the North Umpqua but Im flexible... My number is international, so catch me at my email mrcolestjohn@gmail.com
Cole_kayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016   #8

Mrytlepoint, Oregon
Awesome man ! Deff trying to get some ppl together go for a run soon

Old 07-31-2016   #9

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Paddling Since: 1990
I used to live in Southern Oregon (North Bend) and I can remember the South Fork Coquille (Coal Creek run) had some interesting class V. A bit of a drive from Ashland, but practically next door to Myrtle Point. The logistics for the Upper Chetco can be tricky but it's supposed to be an amazing river to run:

SF Coquille:

Chetco:
Chetco River kayak . TV | OPB

The Sixes River and Elk River on the southern Oregon coast have some class IV (at least) kayaking too. Check out the book "Soggy Sneakers" from the Willamette Kayak and Canoe Club if you want a fairly comprehensive collection of Oregon whitewater runs, organized by regions in the state:

https://www.amazon.com/Soggy-Sneaker.../dp/0898868157
stewart242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016   #10

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Paddling Since: 1990
Here's another SF Coquille video:

stewart242 is offline   Reply With Quote