Old 09-06-2009   #21
Originally Posted by pasta View Post
First off,I don't get upset for the comments people make. After all this is a dialog,Not an argument.As for dissabled and elderly,I do believe they should be able to get there by any means possible. Are you TRYING to pick a fight! I'm Not.
Second there are commercial groups who do not use motors.If you knew what you were talking about you would know that!NPS uses motors for YOUR PROTECTION! If you need them they can get in and out with you as fast as possible.
Third The Ditch is a phrase thats been used to describe many canyon rivers,For alot longer than you've been running them I'm sure. From now on I guess I'll have to use the term RIVER, So that you can be sure of what I'm talking about.
In the future, Please don't take my posts out of context. Read it twice if you have too, Before you make such rediculous comments.
I guess your right you don't sound prickly at all and you definately put in your two cents as constructively as possible.
As of the end of my tenure as a commercial guide there was one company that did not use motors and that was Holiday. Nice kids never drank your beer. I guess I don't know what I was talking about and you have definately set me straight. Thanks. I will put your imput into my Business plan.
If you are going to post I would appreciate you answering all the question I have asked you. They are all important and the answers to them are what I am lookin for not an incomplete list of the ones that you feel you can make look the worst with.
I understand that the NPS uses them for our protection but that is not what I asked "I was wondering if during your time with the NPS and your company did you not motor places?" Its more of a Yes or No question really
Numbering off your points, at least in my college speech class, was a way to tell if the other orator was upset. And the cheap shot "For alot longer than you've been running them I'm sure." since you cannot possible know how long I have been on the water its just a desperate ploy to somehow put yourself into a position to say that I don't know what I am talking about. This is a sign that you don't have anything constructive to say.
I knew what you are talking about when you refered to the "Ditch" That was not in confusion. Plenty of people have refered to it as a ditch. I asked you a question "If all CAT is is a Ditch to you why would you care if someone motored through just another irrigation feature?" and again you took it the way you wanted to and did not answer the question which means this is no longer a conversation about a topic that if you read the first post you would have answered and moved on with your life but that it is personal if you could "In the future, Please don't take my posts out of context. Read it twice if you have too, Before you make such rediculous comments."

After going through most of your 96 comments I have descerned that you are a large man... your screen name of Big Dave is you trying to make it funny that you are, or somehow hope that people will look past it when they meet you in person.
You have all the time to cruise the internet and bash down people because you are hidden behind the screen. If I do find you on the river I will treat you like I treat everyone else and how I thought everyone else on the river does. I was of the opinion that true river people are generous and will help those who are in need they are fun to talk to easy to get along with etc.
Going on the tone of most of your recent posts you have fallen in love with the power of being able to say whatever you want and no one will know who you are.
You advertise the trips you are going yet noone posts back. Perhaps this is a sign that you are too abrasive for people to take and that even though you have twenty years of boating experience you missed the point.
To finalize I think that your opinion of my future possible self employment is important and like I said I will keep them in mind. Maybe I can find a non invasive way of getting people out of the lake and maybe I won't have to next year is expected to be a nice year but who knows. there could be a drought and this whole conversation Mute. I will ask you as per Mountain buzz bloggers agreement that harassment is not allowed to not keep posting personal prickly posts on a post that has nothing to do with you. If you don't like it which I gathered please voice your opinion if you would like to continue this conversation I will happily accept a personal message. Thank you for your imput. I think it is cool that people can be so empassioned about a topic. I look forward to your PM and any helpful info you have.

Climberben6 is offline   Reply With Quote