Old 12-09-2010   #11
Idaho Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
You also have releases on the Tallulah that time of year...I believe the first 2 weekends in April (not sure if you were aware of that). I would highly recommend it...not only are the drops really fun, but there are usually alot of boaters there that maybe shouldn't you get to see some really good carnage! Oceana is a classic SE drop that no one should miss on a trip to the SE in April...just keep those elbows in! I've seen several guys (myself included) walk back up those stairs after a dislocated shoulder at Oceana.

glcasson21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010   #12
Boulder, Colorado
the wataga is a very good run probably in the top 3 class 4+ runs back east. Another great run is upper big creek its probably the cleanest run in the smokies (hike up ramsey is probably just as clean but is class 5). Wilson is a sick but short, cheoh is a pretty fun run and it is near the natahala cascades which is pretty good also. North fork french broad and west fork are pretty good both are a little easier than the green. And the green is a pretty fun run also even if you dont run the big three, but it is harder than the others on the list because it is pretty stacked. the little in the smokies is fun also. as far as class 3 runs go the tellico is pretty fun with a bunch of ledges, for scenery it is hard to beat the big south fork of the cumberland. The little river canyon in alabama is more dangerous than any other on the list but its a 5- run and very pretty but kinda out of the way.
hope this rambling helps, the AW site for the southeast is good as is lelands book and try posting on

tj@cu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010   #13
buena vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
thanks TJ@CU,,i just saw some older photos from HELLSGATE you posted a while back,,,,sik ball

any more ideas fro the SE???

fatbob is offline   Reply With Quote